Looking for a nice gaming laptop

But I don’t know what to get. I’ve looked around, had a lot of different ones suggested to me, but I just have absolutely no idea where to begin.

My needs:
Can play games like TF2/L4D2 (hopefully on highish settings)
Preferably has a 500GB 7200RPM HDD
4GB of RAM
Intel Core i7 (the newer series)
15"/17" monitor. Either works. Though I would like a 17" more

My price range is no higher than $850, so I’m hoping I can get what I want for under or around $850 :confused:

For those asking about brands, I don’t have any specific preferences, but I really like ASUS :X

ASUS is definitely where you should be looking. Asus makes all their own parts, so they can afford to produce higher quality pcs for cheaper. I <3 them. lol

Only thing I don’t think you’re gonna find for under 850 is the i7.
I have 500gig hd, 6 gigs of ram, 15.6" screen, 2.4 ghz dual core amd processor
mine cost around $550 I do believe. this was last christmas.
it’s an asus k52n I wanna say.

The best gaming laptop asus makes, which is just phenomenal with 8 gigs of ram, 1 tb hd, i7 quad core, some really good video and graphic card that I forget at the moment is the asus G73SW-A1. also known as the republic of gaming. It runs around $1500-2000.

I’d wait until black friday sales to try to score something though.

I highly discourage gaming laptops unless absolutely unavoidable. The amount of heat produced while gaming (especially the specs you’re looking for) is never good for long terms. Like he said though, ASUS would be the laptop of choice for your price range.

Why is this in the B/S/T forum anyway?

With anything computers spend the absolute most you can so it lasts and isn’t outdated the next month. With your price range and specs it is going to be super hard to find something. I7 and under 1,000$ just isn’t all that feasible, but like everyone said check out ASUS. Also listen to what flippo said, everything i would have said if he didn’t :slight_smile:

1 Like

just saying, the g73 has really good heat sinks, and was specifically designed for gaming. It’s basically for lan parties where you’re too lazy to lug around your desktop. :stuck_out_tongue:
and using some kind of an external cooling fan really helps. I used to have some problems with my laptop getting really hot, but I got a pretty cheap cooling fan laptop stand thing off amazon, and it dramatically reduced how hot my laptop was getting.