Pyro x review

I thought the Markmont Classic was the nicest yoyo I’ve gotten. It still is. But this comes pretty close.

The Pyro x fits tight in my hand like the MMC and One Drop Intro, but unlike both those yoyos, it has a soft bead blast finish, and flames. Flames are cool, whether on a chopped 32’ Ford or a yoyo. Speaking of cool, the half swapped colors are extremely nice, all of them I’d happily settle for, but the blue/orange is my favorite, the colors contrast each other so nicely. Now on to the play.

It plays floaty like you might expect and the midwalls lend themselves to super smooth regenerations. The slope before the two massive rounded wings is slightly concave, lessening string friction and increasing spin times. Effectively, the whole yoyo is a catch zone, similar to the Edge series, but it is better to use the initial slope before the wings most of the time. Still, the Pyro isn’t the most forgiving of yoyos, it will tilt under pressure from the string. However, I’d say 80 percent of long time yoyoers have plenty of forgiving competition yoyos, and more are released all the time. The Pyro x is meant to be an enjoyable, nostalgic(for some players) and casual throw, and it is. Additionally, for how floaty it is, the Pyro x is remarkably speedy, more so then I was expecting. The one disappointment is the spikes, they simply aren’t sharp enough for any sort of use.

Overall, I was impressed by the Pyro x, and if you are on the fence about getting one, I’d go for it.

5 Likes

This review matches my experience with the Pyro X as well.

I’m curious how it compares, in terms of play feel, to the Pyro Light?

2 Likes

Both the og Pyros were way before my time unfortunately.

Hi,
I am new to the game and i was playing with responsible yoyos like for 2 months and i bought pyro X. Its my first unresponsible yoyo. So i wanted to ask if i picked right.

1 Like

That was great. I agree with everything you said

Sorry? i dont understand.

The review ws spot on. As for your choice i think you did well. I don’t think you can really go wrong with most modern yoyos. . They are either good great or amazing. Very nice first pick.

About the spikes, I was a bit surprised when I found I could rip cord start the Pyro X.

3 Likes

Oh, thanks guys you helped me a lot. I will text when i know some tricks :smiley:

1 Like

I enjoy mine, it’s a very comfortable throw and quite a lot of fun! Enjoy your Pyro and welcome to the world of unresponsive throwing!

1 Like