Puffin Spin Times

Yeah that’s what I hear…for some reason I want a puffin more lol. but if the chief is that much better, ill go with the chief.

Puffin is more of one of those fun awesome throws where spin time is irrelevant. You wouldnt want to compete with one, but for a casual chill throw sesh its your bestest friend

Surely Palli competes with one? There must be a few other unsponsored players (or players sponsored by companies who are not yoyo manufacturers) who use them in competition, too.

I posted this video earlier in this thread. Palli competes with it, and does quite well.

Those neon pink pants are so distracting!  :o

Sorry meant to put studio’s post in quote.
[/quote]
I interpretted the guy’s question as “is the Puffin the first good CLYW that CLYW made”.

Heck, any CLYW is a good first CLYW. But I think the Chief, AC and Avalanche have a clear edge over many of the others.

Thanks once again. :slight_smile:

Hey guys!  Just thought you guys would like to hear my opinon on the matter.
To start things off I’d just like to say that the Puffin is my favorite return top ever.
It’s true that the puffin doesn’t have the longest spin time out there but it’s in no way low, in fact I get about the same times for my puffins and Chiefs.
The puffin has that floaty 3rd run Peak feel to it and moves really fast in tech combos and is incredibly stable with the perfect size for chopstics.
I have no idea why people are saying they are bad for contests,  sure if you mess up and play sloppy a longer spinning heavy rim weighted yoyos will spin longer but Puffins are easier to maneuver in combos so you are less likely to mess up in the first place.

I filmed a 50second combo for you guys on a puffin just so we can kill the crappy sleep times rumors.

4 Likes

I was about to reply to this thread and Palli himself is here! Nice combo, Palli; thanks for sharing. My opinion’s not going to matter much now. :wink: But still–

My friend brought his Puffin today; it had been a few weeks since I played it and I wanted to refresh my memory so that I could reply to this thread.

I absolutely loved my play session with it. I mean, we’re talking about spin times here so first off: it stayed spinning plenty long. I hit my modest combos with ease, and I didn’t feel spin was suffering compared to my today’s throw (El Ranchero, which is known to be a good spinner).

Other than that, though… I mean, this is really just an excellent yoyo. It produces the same excitement in me that my Punch Line does, which is saying a lot considering how much I love the Punch Line. I always thought I’d be more of a Chief guy when it comes to CLYW, or even an Avalanche guy. But I think after today’s reminder session that I’m a Puffin guy all the way. :smiley:

1 Like

Palli is such a boss. :smiley:

And since he is here, I’d like to personally and publicly thank him for coming up with the Puffin. It’s easily my favorite yoyo and hands down the funnest in my collection. Kudos!

1 Like

Good stuff. Puffin is certainly reminiscent of the 3rd run Peak feel but more nimble. I play both all the time, it’s nice to change from slow and smooth on the Peak then practice going faster faster faster on the Puffin.

Puffin and Palli rule, thanks for coming out with this yoyo. It is in my top two.

1 Like