Puffin owners opinion needed.

I do not own a puffin or AC but I have had plenty of time to try each and I have owned 4 chiefs.

The Chief is definitly the best and then the AC and last is the Puffin. From the looks of the puffin I knew it would not perform. It didn’t have enough spin time for me and it just (for me) didn’t live up to the hype I knew would be attached to it just because it is a CLYW.

It hasn’t even been a week so the “new” factor is still in play at the moment for all the puffin owners. I got to try one and had a chance to trade for one and I didn’t take it. I want pure performance in a throw and it didn’t deliver.

In comparison to the AC and Chief the puffin was lighter than the AC witch I think is just to bulky feeling and it is faster than the AC. Stability is good but the lackluster spin time just left me wanting more in this yoyo. I comes nowhere near the chief in playability for sure.

In my opinion the puffin is a overpriced yoyo that doesn’t perform just like the canvas. I absolutly love CLYW yoyos, I have 7 at the moment and they are amazing but I will not sugar coat a yoyo that does not impress me.

Hope I wasn’t too harsh but I am just giving my account on the yoyo.

3 Likes

Thanks for all the info guys. I still might grab one if one of my favorite color way comes out, just to check it out.

I never shy away from trying a new throw, that’s for sure. I think that even though I don’t like it that much if I got a good deal for one and if it gave me a chance to get rid of a yoyo I don’t throw I would probably take it. It has great trade value at the moment and someone somewhere will like it a lot.

My main prefrence is allways performance but I do love collecting as well. Allways fun just to have a new yoyo.

I got a package of bearings to clean and treat today. Since these aren’t my bearings, I clean and treat one at a time(unless the shields have all been removed… I don’t know yet).

During soaks, I’m gonna play the PUffin. It’s gonna be a LONG but FUN night.

(Yes, I enjoy cleaning and treating bearings)

1 Like