protostar problems

My protostar which i just got in the mail today is weird
when i throw it it gets wobbly and its not because im throwing it wrong
the bearing is also stuck on one side
and when i put it back together i have to push it in

please give any advice on what to do

How do you know it’s not your throw? Have you done the finger test?

no but im throwing it like i do with any other yoyo but im realy concerned with my bearing

My Protostar bearing is the same way. Sometimes the bearing seat grabs the bearing and it gets stuck a little bit. This is normal though in my experience. A lot of yo-yo’s don’t want to give up bearings. My YYJs are really bad you have to wedge the bearing out with pliers.

As far as the wobble goes. I do not have that problem. I hate to say it but its probably your throw. Just because it doesn’t do it with your other throws doesn’t mean the Protostar will be just as forgiving. Do what Apetrunk said and do the finger test. From what I read him write on here Ape is very intelligent and knows what hes talking about when it comes to yoyos.

When the yo-yo is spinning at the end of the string place your finger along the rim and see if it doesn’t smooth out. If it does bad news its your throw lol. I have a particular yoyo that is very unforgiving and vibes with my less than perfect throw. Thought it was the yoyo at first but then I faced the truth ha.

Good luck hope I helped

1 Like

thanks i did the finger test my throw was off and at least i know other peoples bearings are the same