Protostar Or DM2?

Well idk what to get, i feel like getting protostar since i can buy it at a store and dm because it can thumbgrind and its nice and heavy. can protostar grind too? Also proto looks cooler than DM

Get what looks good to you. That’s usually my criteria.
It’s worked well up to this point.

I think I can help, but what kinds of yoyo do you like. Like the weight, the shape, and the size. And I have tried Protostar and I don’t really like it. I think you should buy the DM2, but that is just my recommendation.

the protostar might be a better choice. You can do crazy long combos, and the weight rings in the protostar are metal so they can do thumb grinds decently. I haven’t tried the dm2 but i know that the protostar is better than some metals that are double it’s price.But you should get what you want. I would reccomend the protostar but like i said i haven’t tried the dm2. I hope this helped. :slight_smile:

i prefer the protostar because it is insane for long combos and is super stable IMO

i concur with the thread, protostar has super long sleeps for good combos. does not have irgs though, you can arm and palm grind but not too good though, tends to fly off. also has a low gap wall which i like a lot for less string interference and more unresponsiveness.

good luck-

Both are amazing yoyos! So if you like grinding, then I would go with the Dark Magic 2. Both have AMAZING sleep time. A lot of top notch players use both of those yoyo’s. I have 3 Protostars and competed with a Protostar before but I really want a Dark Magic 2. Look at the specs and shapes and see what you like better :wink:

I kinda prefer the DM2 over the protostar, but both are brilliant