Protostar Hybrid Icon review for beginners to advanced

Well, here is my 2nd review. This review is more for beginner to advanced players which is my skill level or lack thereof. I did a review on the DARK MAGIC 2 recently, which is a great throw. I made a trade and got a new in box Protostar Icon edition. I wasn’t sure how well it was going to play. I figured the DM 2 would out play it. I know, a little biased. I picked it up and away I went.

As for being a beginner moving to string tricks, this is an amazing yoyo. Obviously, some newer players have a not so perfect throw down, me included. I was shocked when almost all of my throw downs did NOT tilt. The gap is very comfortable for your hand. I really like the feel of the material too. The string gap is just great. It is wide BUT not to wide where it looks like a large H. It really helps with string tricks.

I forgot to mention the reason this is very stable is the metal rings inside of the rim along with the engineering and weight distribution. The person I traded with said it was very well engineered and he was right.I like both the DM 2 and Protostar. If I had to I would give it to the Protostar. Based on the feel I would bet the advanced players would be able to play this heck out of this. So don’t let the beginner to advanced label scare anyone away that is an expert player. Add it to your collection one and all.

Pro’s:

play-ability
weight distribution that helps with throw downs
metal rings
2 arrows to make sure you don’t over tighten the yoyo
spin times for a few days
string gap
feel of the material
makes you want to play with it (addicting)
Icon coloring is great

Con’s:

I will revise this in a few days if I find any.

Thanks for looking. Any constructive comments or corrections welcome.

What are throw downs? I thought they were something Bobby Flay does.

Everyone is a comedian. Look at Wiki and it is called the Throw Down, like I stated. Bobby Flay can throw whatever he wants. Hahaha

I could also use a little more info on throw downs