Professionals go to fast?

I dont know it just seems like During competition they go so fast either you cant tell what their doing or it all seems the same. Augie Fash is one in particular I am in no way dissing him he is amazing but its just so fast… :o

It’s so they can get points.

Oh ok is speed part of what they are graded on?

No, they go fast so they can get string hits and other elements that give them points.

Plus it is their own style, you may not like it but they may.

Also the judges know exactly what they are doing.

personally i think that the point system is flawed. i think that the smoother and more technical you are, the more points you should get. but thats just me, and that would make it much harder to judge if points were based that way.

Yeah I agree with what you’re saying. Trying to get as many hits in a given time kind of defeats the purpose IMO of showing off your skill with a yoyo. I like to see and understand what he/she is doing, so the smoother, flashier and more skilled tricks I believe should be weighted more than the absolute speed of the entire routine. If a trick involves speed though, great, but I prefer not to have the entire thing in warp drive. :slight_smile:

pretty sure its for points but mainly i would just have to say that they enjoy playing fast in the first place

My friend told me, that faster mean more string hits, more points, more chances of winning. Also sometimes camouflage misses.
But sometimes, the more unique your trick, more points rewarded.
Jhon ando freestyle on world 2008 is an example, he dont go fast, but won the 2008 world.

String hits is only part of the judging. There are certain judges that only judge style or string hits or faults. I mean if you think that string hits wins you contests then you are flawed.

I believe that the yoyoing should be smooth and controlled. It shows true mastery. Look at Guy Wright he exudes coolness. Yoyoing in this fashion makes the art look and be fun. IMO

It’s probably natural. Play music in a live performance and you’re likely to rush, especially rock concerts. Same possibly applies to yo-yoing.

Guy Wright is the example i was going to use, he is technical and fantastic, but he is not blurry fast. Currently he is my fav.

Guy Wright is the example i was going to use, he is technical and fantastic, but he is not blurry fast. Currently he is my fav.
[/quote]
Agreed Guy Wright is awesome. Another of my favs is JD

Going faster itself makes a lot of tricks harder to land and at the same time you get to do more tricks. I guess it will result in more points.

Also, fast yoyoing does not mean it’s not controlled and/or smooth. Do a trick, then do it as fast as you can. You will need more control to hit and smooth action to make the trick look fast.

Of course a poorly designed trick will never look good no matter how fast you do it.