problems with the ghost pads on my heavy cream

Hey, so im having an issue with the ghost pads on my heavy cream…
Im getting a lot of sticky residue building up around the pads. My best guess is that the adhesive on the back of the pads is somehow leeching up onto the surface of the yoyo (i noticed that the pads aren’t completely stuck to the seat in certain spots anymore) anyway I think this is really slowing down my spin-times because of the string rubbing up against the residue. (I tried wipeing it off with a paper-towel but more just built up) so what should i do? is it just time to swap out the pads? Does anyone know why this happened and how i can prevent this in the future?

Thanks in advance,
MJS

well, i think you got right that the glue used to keep the pads in is comeing out. Are these stock? or a have your replaced them. Sometimes the stock pads don’t get put in well. If thats so you might just want to put another set in. And if that doesn’t work i’d try differant pads.

yes they are the stock pads that came with the yoyo.
to tell you the truth, i haven’t been very happy with the ghost pads, they are kinda grippy…
are there any alternative pads you would recommend?

chaz pads, there the same size and i hear there pretty good.

where can i get them?
i dont see them at yye of yyn…

bump

No need to bump, I use a ghost pad and two stacked Chaz. I try to put that set up in all of my pad recessed yo-yos. The only one I cant is my Hatrick I would have to cut the pads and that is a hssel to get them right. This is the best response set up I have found. The residue is the adhesive it is no big deal. It happens with all pads after time.

i have the same problem. can someone tell me where to get chaz pads or if any .555 would fit or if general yo would fit?

Some .555 pads are on Highspeedyoyo.com, and they are the one drop response. But I recommend chaz pads also.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=chaz+pads

Was that hard?

what is it the first link or something? whats that site “google”? I think I might have heard of it. I’ll make sure to give you a big thank you on the board. And I think you forgot to delete your first post GJ posting another website that sells yoyos on the board. Those go in the PMs  ;D Oh and if you read my post my main concern is IF .555 pads will fit/work with my heavy cream. AND the person you quoted ask that question on June 01, 2010, 02:58:07 PM. that wasn’t me.