Problem with the trick Suicide

I have been trying the trick for the past 2 hours, figuring out on how to make the yoyo stay without it responding.

I did the swing and it went over but it binded back up, btw it’s an unresponsive yoyo.

I don’t know why it’s happening…

3 Likes

I don’t know if I am crossing the yoyo string or…

Or do I keep the string aligned with the string across from my yoyo hand.

1 Like

Shouldn’t come back unless you are doing a bind or if the bearing is being responsive.

Had the same problem with a lot of my yoyo’s. Chances are the yoyo is partially responsive because the bearing needs to be cleaned. When you do the slack for suicide it gives the yoyo the opportunity to snag and come back up.

Make sure the bearing is clean and/or switch to using a thinner string.

Which yoyo are you using, does it have the same problem with any other yoyo?

1 Like

I had the same problem last week trying to learn laceration/hook. You gotta clean your bearings. They become slightly responsive over time.That trick is pretty rough to learn from my recent attempts.

1 Like

Okay, so I found out that I need to throw a breakaway lmao… I threw the yoyo down instead, well I don’t do must breakaways cuz I am scared to break something and my house is pretty small.

2 Likes

Not throwing a breakaway can cause this to happen because the yoyo is spinning opposite of the direction it should be spinning in. I would recommend doing your best to throw breakaways because it’s generally considered bad practice to avoid them when they are necessary.

I would also add that is fundamental to throw breakaway if you want to play modern yoyoing, 99,99% of lateral tricks and combos have the breakaway as main throw while the front throw is basically only for front style tricks., try to do all the modern tricks with a front style throw increase exponentially to bind your yoyo when you do not want it (imagine just doing a trapeze).

As Brian said, just spend time to learn the correct way to throw and then focus on the tricks, at the beginning seems a bit hard cause your wrist has to position itself properly but after one day you will see that you will pick it up and will come more and more natural

3 Likes

I’ve definitely made that mistake before like tried a trick a bunch of times and then realized I had the Yoyo spinning the wrong way. Lol at least that’s an easy mistake to fix!
If you’re worried about not having enough space for breakaway throws and side style, you could try to shorten your string a lot. This might help you get more comfortable with that throw without having to worry about breaking things. Once you do get more comfortable with the throw, you’ll probably feel more comfortable trying tricks side style without worrying that you’ll break stuff.

glad you got it figured out, i came here to say ask if you were maybe doing it from the undermount because it didnt make sense lol