Problem with name

So the name “Scoogy” is now an iconic name in forums and at my school. The thing is tho, whenever people try to find my youtube channel, THIS ANNOYING VIDEO AND CHANNEL THAT COMES IN THE NAME OF SCOOBY DOO COMES AND TAKES MY NAME!!! But obviously, I’m never going to become more popular than scooby doo, do when I do get at lesat 100k, im going to have to just have my name behind the bars of scooby doos channel. Or not! So back in the “old days”, when I played minecraft, I went by the name “Oplinn”. And since I’m “pretty popular” among my guild, I am always seen as Oplinn. Also to point #3, my brother pointed out that he searched up other channels called scoogy and he said I wasnt the only one. Like think about it, “Angel2up”. Such an original name that no one has never thought of! Scoogy? Yeah, I’ve heard of scooby doo and this other channel, but I dont know many scoogys. So what are you guy’s thoughts?

1 Like

let’s not speak too highly of ourselves here

18 Likes

lmfao :skull::skull::skull:

…nah

6 Likes

Honestly if you want to change your name its better to do it now than later. I dont think anybody in the forum would like, stop talking to you if you change it. Heck you dont even have to change your name on the forum just on your socials.

I wouldnt worry too much about a name change. You dont want to do it often, and probably wouldnt really feel like you need to if your following grows big. But odds are anybody following you isnt going to unsubscrive just because your account changes names if your content remains the same.

5 Likes

I’ll be serious for a moment. My last two comments where kind of mean to be honest do ignore them.

Don’t take this the wrong way but you shouldn’t be chasing fame or notoriety. The name really won’t matter in the end it’s the content and the community built. If you focus on being known then you will be known for that focus. Just try your best and do things with intention and with passion. The folks that get in trouble in the community are always the ones chasing numbers and clout and too immature to realize when they made a mistake and need to apologize

5 Likes

Oh dude, your like super young. I found you on YouTube. Im subscriber #27.

If you want to change your name, change it now. 100%.

You are pretty talented. I wish i had half your skill to start my yoyo brand. Im doing the same thing on social and trying ti grow a following too.

I wouldnt worry about the number of followers or views. Just keep posting and having fun.

Best advise I can give you is to post literally everywhere. Im focused on TikTok and Instagram, but I have different strategies for both.

Also when you start its still a bit of an experiment until you figure out what works for you.

Like for me I called myself SmashYoyos because im posting about Smash Bros because I stream on twitch too and also yoyos. But after testing out my account on TikTok I decided to split up my brand and made a second account just for Smash instead of mixing them both.

Im not really worried about losing the few follows I got from Smash Ultimate content on my yoyo account because I wanted to protect my yoyo account and cater to that crowd first and foremost. So now I am basically starting my smash stuff up all over despite a few months of mixed content just because i think its better for me in the longterm.

So, moral of the story, do whats best longterm. Especially when you are so young, and only have 27 followers. I doubt anyone unsubscribes, I wont. But its good to think these things out while your account is small so you can be happy with it when it grows.

5 Likes

Yeah. I wish I had a different username but at this point im stuck with it😅.

2 Likes

rebranding is only an issue if you already have a large following :face_with_peeking_eye:
My favorite story is the tropicana rebrand fail. it lasted like 3 days

1 Like

Ok, so the solution here is to get good and to get more people to sub. Awesome! Maybe i can drop out of school to make YOutBE ViDeOS!

5 Likes

Yo you got this just blow up bigger than scooby let’s gooooo

6 Likes

Spence has been pretty quiet ever since I dropped that new video. Lots of people say that I’m good! Spence never said anything though? :eyes: Like, U SCARED?!? COME AT ME! I DONT HAVE TO USE A 300 DOLLAR “MoDerN REsPONsiVE YOyO” TO GO GODSPEED! MWHAHAHAHAH

2 Likes

Thinking about it tho, I can’t go godspeed with a 300 modern responsive yoyo cus those yoyos arnt meant for godspeed. Oh well, I DONT NEED A METAVITY, MWAHAHAH

1 Like

Also all the fame I get is from forums and my uncle, and a couple of my peers.

1 Like

Hmmmmm……

3 Likes

Alright kiddo… Another lesson you may need to learn is to stay humble :sweat_smile:, and to give back to the community more than you take.

You may be talented. But there are oodles of talented people out there that are more skilled than you. There are also less talented people that will go farther than you.

Why? Because its not about you. Its about doing your part in building up a community.

Thats the real reason the influencers are so successful, because they are doing their part in bringing yoyo to new people. Half the time they are just finger spinning a yoyo, but they are teaching others.

I realize you may have felt a bit made fun of and that Spence may have triggered you, but there is truth in the criticism. You are a little bit full of yourself :joy:. Calm your tits, work hard and be more than just about yourself.

Personally im more impressed by Gnarly Charlie’s gentle throws than your Godspeed. You still have much to learn young one.

6 Likes

Didn’t seen any pic, so for me, this didn’t happened!

Jokes aside, mate change your name and do whatever you want, if you want to create a following work hard and do not try to imitate other Youtubers, I seen your videos and is a nice starting point but stop to put the yoyo in front of your face like Angel2up or imitate him, you are yourself and there is already an Angel2up around.
If I can give you my honest opinion, work on your tricks, go to contest and participate on them, be active and post a lot of videos, doesn’t matter if them are not perfect, perfection will come with experience, be active is the first thing to do, do reviews, tutorials and everything that come with the yoyo world, this will help a lot, if you want to do youtube, do videos and shorts not only shorts, create a short for every video you make.
Be recognisible, in the way to make your own character which can be also how you are in real life, I am working a lot on Instagram and trying to make it grow and for example I use always the same background that people start to recognise, I make quite long combos usually and even the colour correction of the video is sort of recognisible with those blueish tint, there is a lot of work to do but it takes time and effort and it’s ok, we have to start somewhere.
As you being 13 I can understand you want to be recognised and seen and it’s more than fair but it comes at a price which is a big effort.
Do not get worried about your name, without any offence we have in the community YoyoJoe, I mean Yoyo and Joe as a name for a channel but he is iconic in the community and no one cares about his name.

Goodspeed and DNA we have at least 300 youtubers and Tiktokers that do it, after all those years is becoming stale also for new comers so do not focus only on that, I seen people in general appreciate lot of tricks with “weird” and unexpected elements, create your style, playing super fast is cool but it is if you don’t do always the same combo, if you want to develop speed there are a lot of pro that do it also in horizontal, create your speed combos and propose them (even better with a tutorial).

I know how much effort it takes mate, good luck and have fun in the process, the numbers will come!

5 Likes

Oh boy…

4 Likes

Give more than you take. Enjoy what you do. Lift others up.

4 Likes

The thing is tho me and my video group only did it once.

1 Like

Although me and thomas are planning to make an angel2up video (a godspeed battle wink wink :wink:)

2 Likes