Practice makes worse!

I haven’t had a straight throw in days. >:(

Does this happen, or am I some kind of anomaly?

prob just over worked you arm let it chill for a day

I’m getting this as well, I decompose the move to get it straight again

Don’t just concentrate on throwing, concentrate on throwing RIGHT. If you are actaully thinking about it when you do it you should make some progress.

Or what I do is change the string or try a different yoyo for a while. It’s usually all in your head. When a trick is making me mad I switch to a 4a yoyo. I suck at it, so when I go back to 1a it doesn’t seem as bad and it calms me down.

I’m not sure if I’ve had that experience when throwing, but I definitely notice it when practicing tricks sometimes. If I practice a trick nonstop for like an hour, I’m much worse off than when I started… then a few hours later after a break, it’s great.

I would agree with patrickcondon, just focus on throwing correctly. Take it back to basics; break up the move into steps. Make sure you’re not flipping your hand over before the yoyo’s movement is completely independent of your hand’s movement.

Practice makes permanent. Don’t practice nonchalantly. Train instead.

Yo-yoing does demand your focus. People like Ed Haponik think that is wonderful.

-Jacob

1 Like

I never realized that a straight throw was such a fine thing until I switched to wide gaps and unresponsive play.

I believe a good throw can make anything happen, right now I try to throw harder, but when it comes to the point I can’t throw straight anymore, I forget about throwing hard, I just focus on throwing right

in order to throw hard, I believe you have to be relaxes, therefore a precise movement is more important than a strong movement, being precise will eventually “loosen” your articulations over time making your throw more relaxed, therefore stronger AND straighter

I picture this like a muddy road, if you drive always on the same spots you’ll “dig” into the road, making it more likely for you to drive again in the same spots (not sure if you see what I mean here)

I really do believe that the throw is the most important part of any trick