The edge.

2 Likes

That looked great but i don’t do China.

3 Likes

Just what do you do?

5 Likes

Grendel only does yoyos you’ve (probably) never heard of. :wink:

6 Likes

Both the Shutter and the Banshee are amazing throws. I was shocked at how smooth the Shutter is and how versatile it is. The Banshee feels SO comfortable in the hand, despite it’s angular look. Both really fantastic throws that any yoyo enthusiast would appreciate. The Banshee is my current obsession.

My current collection includes G2 Banshee (a few of 'em), Wolf, Pelican, CF003 and Ghost. OD Project (OG), Dingo, Benchmark O (and had the OG Sovereign first run - one of the first memorable yoyo “drops” but had to sell it along the way). CLYW Peak (one painted by Levi - the “Joker” Peak), BvM (wolverine, doc pop and man vs bear - this throw was one of my all time faves), Campfire. SPYY Punchline, Pistolero, Pure, and Train Wreck. YYF 888 (Starry Night), Superstar (OG), Shutter, 888GT, and too many others to mention. SF SK, Cadence.

I guess after all that the A-RT Grail sounds like one I probably should try at some point. Or the 420.

7 Likes

I haven’t read the entire thread, but I don’t think I’ve tried any of these yoyos that have been mentioned except the YYJ Dark Magic 2. Another that I don’t recall seeing that I haven’t tried is the Replay/Replay Pro. I’ve just always had other yoyos I’ve been interested in trying. For one thing, I like older yoyos and most One Drops and CLYW throws are outside my budget.

3 Likes

American made just like my company name. Also I own what was hot when i got in so I’m sorta particular. My first high end throw was a all blue Higby flamed Bapezilla. Got my first bind on that baby. Traded it to @Doctoryoyo for that ayya bvm, which i traded to @Sorrydad for the three Bu$$ne$$'s. That what I do. Also invented the rocket widget. Got n.d.a.s from Frank Dif and Kyle Wheems and those fantastic dudes from One Drop also Patrick and Weber back when that mattered. Anyway just a small town Grendel trying to made ends meet. Thank you for your support.

6 Likes

Now, now. There’s always someone faster and smoother but old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill. Thank you for your support.

4 Likes

cadence is just like the topyo selene, just slightly more premium.

3 Likes

Cadence, shutter, DK.

2 Likes

Haha haven’t tried topyo selene either!

2 Likes

Shutter Wide Angle and the OG Edge. I also want to try the Edge monster

2 Likes

I want to try a Float or Paradox.

2 Likes

Scratch the Topdeck :blush:

5 Likes

Totally understand.
I can tell you my 2 cents:

H-shapes or rounded H-shapes are what I like best. That’s what I would answer if you asked me.
What are my two favorite throws right now??
My 2018 Banshee and my SK. :smile:

I know it doesn’t make sense to me either, but they just work so well!
I don’t play the other v shape I have. It just doesn’t jive with me for some reason.

3 Likes

Makes a little sense… the SK has a powerful spin to it much like an H. But yeah the SF is the outlier

2 Likes

Well, I had an SK and I just wasn’t that into it. It was a great yoyo, glass smooth. But I just couldn’t get into it.

2 Likes

Yeah…It seems ya just gotta find out what you dig.
Confession… I didn’t like the SK much either til I changed out the flat bearing. :grimacing:
Flats are just not my bag though.

On topic of the main question though…
I’d love to play:
Kuntosh QV
Top Deck (might grab this)
Reticyoyo’s Boa (never touched an O-shape before)
Unspoken Paradox
Borealis
Orca
Kraken
That new Duncan that just came out.
And likely a bunch I’m not thinking of, lol.

Oh! And also G2 Aftershock, Wolf and probably a few others of Jake’s.

5 Likes