Popular yoyo you haven't tried?

What is a popular yoyo that you constantly see people talking about and you have wanted to get one, but never actually pulled the trigger?

For me, the shutter instantly comes to mind. Ever since it’s original release 3 million years ago, I said I wanted one. Since then Ive shuffled though a 150+ yoyos. Never once got my hands on a shutter. Why? I’m honestly not sure…

10 Likes

Shutter Wide Angle. Was going to be my next purchase but found a mint Marco in a sick colorwat for $40 on the BST so… Maybe the wife will put a Wide Angle under the tree.

2 Likes

Shutter. One day. I’d like to get 1 or 2 high ends like a One Drop but not sure my skills warrant it yet. “It’s not the yo, it’s the throw.”

4 Likes

I keep hearing about the DV888 and now I want to try one. Probably going to wait until someone brings it to a meet (which is the best sort of anti-buy-everything therapy)

5 Likes

I’d try it first. Put it into search bar here and see what people here have said or watch real reviews on youtube. You may get more for the money with something else.

1 Like

I am not expecting much but there’s something about feeling a yoyo in your own hands that really helps.

3 Likes

A-rt Grail, and Quail

G2 Wolf, and Hawk

4 Likes

Anything G2 or A-rt, Bliss, OD Topdeck

3 Likes

Bliss and hummingbird

4 Likes

Cadence for sure or the vtwo

3 Likes

G2 Banshee, though I did preorder one on black Friday so I’ll finally own one around the end of January

6 Likes

Shutter for me as well. For whatever reason, other yo-yos have grabbed my yo-yo dollars. When I was ready to pull the trigger, I instead ended up with the Wide Angle.

I haven’t tried any of the Edge incarnations either.

I’m hoping that getting an Atlanta yo-yo get-together going will allow for a sharing of “yo” experiences.

2 Likes

Oh good question.thank you for asking this question.that yo-yo maybe anglam or dark magic 2 yoyo.actually 8 years ago I wanted to own dark magic 2 seriously. And I am fan of hiroyuki Suzuki of Japan and he uses anglam.so wanted to try that.

3 Likes

I have yet to put hands on any G2 throws. I really like the looks of them. I’m still in the learning process so I haven’t dropped that kind of money on one. When I go 6 months with out hitting the ground I may decide I am ready for a more expensive yoyo.

5 Likes

1.edge
2.magic yo-yo skyva.
3.horizon.
4.wedge.
5.kilter.

1 Like

I mean the edge and wedge.

1 Like

See, I love the idea of owning a Banshee, and I have no doubt it is an excellent top-notch yoyo, but I just really do not like V shapes. Maybe one day I’ll get my hands on one and my mind will be changed.

3 Likes
  • A-RT Grail
  • G2 Hawk
4 Likes

Are these from one drop?

1 Like

I had the same feelings about it. I got one used, it played great, but in the end the shape wasn’t my favorite. If you can find one used at a good price I’d say it’s worth it just to try it out though. Chances are you can resell it for about the same price.

3 Likes