Poll: The Fate of Your Throws

Picked the “keep about half” but that one was tough for me. In the last three years (it is officially three years) I have bought well over 100 high end metal yoyo’s. I currently own 16 metal yoyos. So I most deff have not kept half.

For me it was more about buying many defferent yoyo’s in the beginning to feel out defferent shapes, metals, designs and companies and then come to to a feeling of what I prefer. Problem is I always want to at least try out “the next best thing” sometimes I like them and they become keepers and sometimes not. HEHE I think we need a another choice!! :slight_smile:

I just let things come and go for the most part. I keep a few of my favorite players from various brands, and I have a collection of my two fav brands, 3yo3 and Square Wheels. For the most part I just snatch up whatever interests me and when it’s time has come it will most likely be sold or traded unless it’s really special to me or fits my style of play/frequent mood swings.

I have never sold or traded a yoyo. I’ve considered trading some of the ones that I almost never play for things I might actually enjoy instead of wasting more money but then I end up playing with said yoyos and I would be sad if I never got to play with it again even though the novelty of it wears off after 5 throws (looking at you Bape).

I’ve bought about 70. Sold 2 and gifted quite a few. I find it hard to let go…

COUGH2.0COUGH

I’ve never sold a yoyo, so I have all of them left. I probably should sell some, but I this weird attachment to yoyos that makes me feel like I’m hurting their feelings if I were to sell one. :slight_smile:

Buy sell trade community is much bigger than you can tell from this poll… most heavy BST users only come on to bump their thread and won’t ever see this poll.

I for one have little attachment to yoyos. There are a few I keep for sentimental reasons, but for the most part, even when I say “I will never trade/sell this”, I end up trading all my throws. I’ve owned some of the rarest and “best” yoyos according to the community. In the end their just toys to me and can always be traded/bought from me at some point.

What percentage of the community would you estimate participate in the buy sell trade, or otherwise sell their throws to some extent? The poll shows about 30%. How much higher than that would you estimate it to be?

For a good while I had no idea what I really wanted because I didn’t know what was out there. So, I had a “yoyo budget” (not a ton, but enough to get anything I’d want), and I’d keep my total yoyo exposure within that budget. If I had to sell in order to get a new yoyo I wanted, I’d do that, and not really worry about it because for all I knew the next yoyo was 10x better.

But, after about 75 yoyos, you know what you like and you know what to expect for the most part. So, I started to keep the ones I loved, knowing that those were truly my favorites. And then, I kept keeping more and more because I was becoming a yoyo obsessed nutbag who never wanted to sell any.

Now, I have a very large display case, and a bag, and another bag, and a drawer…all full of yoyos. Now I only buy yoyos I know I want, and they never get sold. I’m kinda, sorta entertaining the idea though of liquidating it all. I’m planning a big move to get serious with a lady, and I’m starting to think having the value of a nice used car invested in spinning discs is not really the kind of choice a married man might make, or a young couple ought to make. So, could be a big ol’ sale soon.

I’m going to post a spinoff thread later, to discuss some other things. But, for me, I’m just now at the point where I’m finding that I don’t feel the urge to try so many new releases. My progression seems to have been cheap plastics, to metals, to expensive metals, then to specializing my collection to focus funds in specific types of throws (YYE Editions, micros and so on). While making that progress, I’ve sold some cheap plastics, and cheap metals, but not very many. Now, I seem to be moving into buying less quantity, but buying more expensive yo-yos. Time will tell where it goes from here. I’ve seen people who unexpectedly sell their entire collection after getting this far. The end. :smiley: