Polishing a satin'ed yoyo

Hey guys, I really need help. I dont have a drill, But i have a satin’ed yoyo
Anyway i can polish it? I want it to be shiny.

pick up some 400, 800, and 2000 grit sandpaper. work your way up through those grits. Then, pick up some aluminium polish and start polishing :slight_smile: should look like a mirror.

1 Like

Done the sanding. Where can i get aluminium polish?

Same place you can pick up 2000 grit sand paper. A good place to look would be autozone

Never heard of it because i live in malaysia but thanks! :smiley:

Not too sure of what kind of shops you guys have in Malaysia, but any good auto shop should have some. Maybe a hardware store?

dont polish a satined yoyo, if it is polished, it may as well not even be satined. its like taking a raw yoyo, and polishing it, which it is. makes bad grinding grind worse.

if you want a grining surface, the best thing for you to do it to get it blasted, than anodized

which in total is about 60-80 bucks

QFT

satining is supposed to improve grinds. by polishing it, you fill in small groove/scratches that let it grind smoothly, and make it grind horribly.

QFT

He never said anything about grinding guys. Im sure that Deathsong knows about what a polish does.

Anyway, most auto/hardware stores will carry the polish you need. Also check craft stores maybe?

Yeh. Done. I just wanted a bright shine. :stuck_out_tongue:
Although mine is not so bright.

well not as bright as this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlCPzagEINc

what am i doing wrong ???

Did you use 2000 grit sandpaper? It makes a big difference. You want the metal to be as smooth as possible before you polish it.

What kind of polish are you using? Make sure it’s aluminium polish.

And finally, aluminium polish can take quite a bit of elbow grease to really make aluminium shine. Keep working at it.

Does it have to be 2000? I used like 400 :B
Then i used aluminium polish.

higher grit = more shine
highest grit I’ve used was 1500, and it was pretty shiny.

I satined the rims on my YYJ Black Knight with 2000 grit sandpaper, then polished it with Mothers All Metal Polish (comes in a silver can). Really shiny, and grinds just fine unless you touch the plastic.