Pocket size yoyo recommendations?

Hi guys I’m looking for a new pocket size yoyo as my EDC, ideally it would be:

1. Diameter ≤ 50mm.
  2. With a Size C bearing
  3. Not in organic shape.
  4. Still available in some stores

I have a Magicyoyo T9 at this moment and I like it, but I’m looking for another one that performs slightly better (since I s**k).

Any recommendations? Thanks in advance!

2 Likes

Recess Snack.

2 Likes

Markmont Black Canon

4 Likes

It’s pricey, but the Masamini 2.0 is an incredibly good performance for its size.

The edge 66% beyond is supposed to be good as well.

4 Likes

The C3 Token v2 checks off all of those boxes. 47mm diameter, C bearing, V shape, still in stick at certain stores.

3 Likes

Little fox 2 because it’s fantastic at any price but is still on the cheaper side at $40ish. It’s 52mm instead of 50mm though.

2 Likes

66% yoyos are ur best bet. Maybe steel shutter too.

4 Likes

Ok I wasn’t going to say anything but….

13 Likes

#dingogang4lyfe

4 Likes

YYF GenXs

4 Likes

The Masamini 2.0 is sold out everywhere. I have wanted one for a while but there wasn’t any stock left. The 66% Edge Beyond uses an A bearing, in fact all 66% yoyos do and all of them require special parts, which is probably what @jjdddn1 is trying to avoid by getting yoyos with C bearings.

It’s not the most stable of throws, so I don’t think it would be the yoyo for him, especially when he wants something that performs better than the Magicyoyo T9.

As a pocket-yoyo enthusiast, there isn’t really anything that I’d enthusiastically recommend that matches all of your requirements, especially when it comes to availability. Some of the best pocket-sized yoyo out there are no longer in stock, like the General Yo Mini Star 2, which will definitely hit all of your requirements were it in stock. If you’re willing to compromise on the organic shape and don’t mind light yoyos, I have no qualms recommending the YYF 44. Otherwise, you are left with a few options that I’m not too ecstatic about recommending. You could look into the YYF Boss, which plays on weighty side and feels outdated, as it is a really old yoyo, but it is still extremely capable, if you don’t mind it’s weight. Here’s Dylan Kowalski’s review on it:

You could also try out the Magicyoyo N6 and the Magicyoyo N8, which are really cheap and you can get both without breaking the bank. The Magicyoyo N6 is very similar to the Magicyoyo T9 that you already have, and is just slightly wider and lighter with a V shape instead of an organic shape. It might be the one for you if you already like the T9. I don’t have one though so you can look at Dylan Kowalski’s review of it here:

The Magicyoyo N8 is smaller in diameter and just a slight bit more pocket friendly, but it plays very weighty. It’s quite the reluctant mover on the string as well, taking a lot of effort to move the yoyo. It’s very deliberate with it’s movements and you have to really push very hard to get it to any semblance of speed. However, with that weight comes power and stability, as you would expect. I’m not a big fan of yoyos that play weighty, which is why I’m not too excited about recommending this one, but if you like solid feeling yoyos, you would enjoy this one. Here’s Dylan Kowalski’s review on it:

And some others by Throws n Brews and Casual Throw:

Hope this helps!

9 Likes

Can’t 2nd this recommendation enough… the perfect pocket yoyo IMO

5 Likes

I am a fan of the good life YoYos valley . The counterjet is also really friggan cool but super pricey .

Others that are more on the organic side the Clyw pickaxe and the art sparrow

4 Likes

My contribution to the discussion
One Drop “ Yelets “ my EDC closest to normal size throws, great to work through new tricks.
DocPop “ Executive “ was going to be EDC but was way to nice and good so it is my collection representative of very undersized pocket throws.
YoYo Factory “ Heist “ ( it can hurt ) I do not know what it is about it’s size but it is fun to hold in the hand and do basic tricks.

10 Likes

Thanks for all the great recommendations! I checked every yoyo mentioned in this thread and…
ended up getting two! The snack & n8.

6 Likes

Let us know what you think!

I loved my original Masamini before losing it. My favorite is the Steel Shutter, but I guess it’s not in stores. Another favorite I have to mention is my Spinworty Bonsai, which of course, is super rare!

5 Likes

Wow, I’m surprised you managed to find a snack, it was sold out everywhere I looked, which is why I didn’t recommend it. It’s definitely one of the best choices out there for a pocket yoyo. Great choices!

6 Likes

Recess could release this again, and many would jump.
I would, my current one looks like a beater.

4 Likes

Yea I managed to find one from another BST market. For pocket size throws I was looking for something budget friendly so I could carry them around without the worry of losing / dinging it.

4 Likes

I do have a steel shutter and I like it! My skill isn’t good enough for it though :cry:.

4 Likes