Please post your favorite songs that have little or no lyrics here!!!

God among gods for guitar, Buckethead

I realize I am really dating myself here among all these posts from those still in the salad days of their youth. Sir Elton Johnā€™s ā€œFuneral for A Friendā€ from 1973ā€™s ā€œGoodbye Yellow Brick Roadā€ is an outstanding rock instrumental which could be awesome to throw to. I saw him perform this live a couple of years ago. Incredible! For just a few brief moments I was seventeen all over again.

(This number does lead into a second song, ā€œLove Lies Bleedingā€, but both are outstanding vintage rock numbers.)

Agreed. After they recorded hemispheres they realized the album was too complicated to play live. But certainly figured it out.

Hereā€™s my favorite La Villa vid ā€˜still no guitarā€™

1 Like

Dude, I love For Today! And to the Elton John posterā€¦if you feel old, try explaining to someone who chuck Berry is when you yourself are 18ā€¦pretty funny faces I received that day. I love all Sorts of music.

They must have been having technical difficulties.  Thatā€™s pretty funny.

Oh, I learned the Strangiato theme from about 2:00 to about 3:15 in the studio recording of it.

Soā€¦manyā€¦rush postsā€¦gotta love them. And the instrumental song by dismember known as nenia . Such a beautiful sounding bassist they had.

I know who Chuck Berry is and Iā€™m 14.

Thatā€™s really cool. Itā€™s a ridiculously complex song.
Thereā€™s a whole section in the rush movie where various people are talking about how hard it is to play on both guitar and drums.

You one out of fewā€¦Few people at my school, other than the metal heads and oldtime listeners, Knew who he wasā€¦or had even heard of him.

1 Like

I wish the producer who worked on clockwork angels and snakes and arrows had worked on vapor trails. Would be great to have a clean version of that album exist.

YES

1 Like

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56LaATx4tmY