• 1A Meta
  • 1A Competative
  • 2A
  • 3A
  • 4A
  • 5A
  • Other
0 voters

I split 1A into 3 categories. My Assumption is that 1A is the most played style.

2 Likes

I wish i could pick a few options. My time is dived pretty evenly between 0a and casual 1a and modern responsive with so.e 5a trown in occasionally.

1 Like

LOL.

That is why I only gave 1 selection.

Your “Go Too” style/Happy place.

1 Like

What’s the difference between meta and competitive?

1 Like

Please educate me? Is there a difference?

I don’t think so? I was asking you lol, it’s your poll

1a meta fits under 1a competitive but I don’t think 1a competitive fits in 1a meta. They asked because you put them separately in the poll

I dable in 1A casual.

This was my understanding from reading around the forum.

Competitive = Will or plans to Compete (Meta)
Meta = No plans to be competitive but plays the current cutting edge tricks.

3 Likes

This gave me an aneurysm. I watched the entire worlds comp. This is the first time i have ever done this in 18 years of throwing. I still don’t know what meta is.

1 Like

I think 1a competitive is just yoyoing with the intention of being a competitor. Meta is just popular tricks in competition that are common.

1 Like

I agree.

Thank you Sir.

1 Like

Meta refers to the tricks you see everyone do at the comps. People will usually blend meta with original tricks on stage. Some players don’t do meta at all (as in all their tricks are original or uncommon)

4 Likes

Thank you. That is the best explanation i have heard describing it.

2 Likes

I love it when I go on stage and do tricks that takes me over a year of grinding to land even once and it clicks the same as a brent stole.

6 Likes

let’s divert our attention to this instead of the usa thread (rip)

2 Likes

Modern responsive vs 0A aren’t they the same or are we saying modern responsive is responsive 1A and 0A is stalls and such more on fixed axle? Cause I use both terms interchangeably really more 0A is the style while modern responsive is a type of yoyo but maybe I’m off

1 Like

0A - Fixed Axel Style
1A - String Tricks
Modern Responsive - Both 0A and 1A play styles. Yes there are specific Yoyos in this style. But play is a blend of the two.

1 Like

Also are we allowed to call the double counterweight 4a thing 6a yet cause I can’t wrap my head around that play style at all and it’s 100% unique in its own right.

The person who mains 3A in this thread nice

2 Likes

For this purpose - Other would be the correct selection.

2 Likes

how do 1a casual and comp styles differ. Specifically are there any videos that demonstrate the styles for frame of reference.

1 Like