Play Style Census

i think casual would be the post a trick thread, comp would be nats and worlds routines with planned out freestyles

Is a combo of high click comp elements considered casual if its not in a comp setting?

1 Like

good point. that’s above my pay grade to be honest, my gut says yes though

also more difficult tech/flow doesn’t really fall under casual or competitive in a lot of cases

Would you consider Tech/Flow a part of the current 1A Meta play style? i.e. Popular play style?

the meta consists of some tech tricks, but primarily being a tech player generally involves making your own tech tricks, and original tricks are not meta.

With flow you might be doing meta or original tricks, but your focus isn’t on the tricks themselves but on the execution and how you do the trick, so its very different from being a meta player or even a comp player, but you can be a flowy comp player too if you just do competition tricks with flowy execution.

They’re all different but also have overlap lol.

2 Likes

I don’t know what to pick bc I mostly play 1a casually but like to learn tricks that players did in competitions and some generic meta tricks

1 Like

People like us compete in our dreams :smiley:

Lol yeah I do them poorly but a takeshi trick is still a takeshi trick

1 Like

0a-1a-2a-5a

I think go goal of breaking down 1A to casual meta and comp is to see why is grinding comp level tricks presumably to compete at some point vs those that do those type of trucks for fun vs the casual player.

2a being different because the whole things a grind and how many of us are practicing backflips for a routine. The other styles just don’t have a large enough base that mains them enough.

1 Like

I need another option.

1A weird.

I practice regularly, and wouldn’t really call myself “casual”. But all my tricks are made of my own elements, and would do really horribly in competitions.

5 Likes

Tech is casual because it clearly isn’t competitive.

(I’m joking)

4 Likes

What if I try to do 1A competitive but since I’m still kinda inexperienced it looks like casual?

1 Like

I think it depends on whether you intend to compete or if you are competing. Because without competition there is no competition.

2 Likes

Other: Möbius.

But yall already knew that. :wink:

~Z

1 Like

4A as least popular is a bit surprising, I always thought it was the largest of the xdivs

1 Like

I picked “other” but, of all the “official” styles, 4A is by far my favorite. To watch at least. It’s soooooo hard! :rofl:

Off-string is rapidly becoming my favorite play style though, because literally everything is a trick. Even the throw is easy to screw up and nail yourself in the head. But man, any time I land anything I feel like a rock star.

4 Likes

lots of 4a potential in hitting yourself lol

1 Like