What's your yoyo style?

Hey yoyoers.
I don’t go on YYE as much as usual, but I have free time to make this thread right now. ^^
Simply, this is a small series of questions to see what you do the most in yoyoing. :stuck_out_tongue:

The purpose of this is to see how similar and different you are from other yoyoers on yoyoexpert.

Answer these questions in reply, and feel free to ask questions.

General Yoyoing
1: Do you like to be more technical or appealing with combos?

2: Is this more of a competitive or personal style for you?

3: Do you like to follow past combos seen as you began yoyoing, or do you like to be creative?

4: How far will you take yoyoing? (From rating of hobby, to teaching or owning a yoyo brand.)

5: Do you like to be more speed (Micky [right name?]) or more smooth (Guy Wright)?

One A (String Tricks)
1: Front Style or Side Style?

2: Unresponsive or Responsive?

3: Plastic, Metal, Wood, or Hybrid (Including Bimetals)? (Should this be in general yoyoing?)

4: A, D, C, or Custom sized bearings?

5: H, Curved, or U shaped yoyos?

Notice: I would add all of the other 4 styles of yoyoing but I don’t think I have enough experience in those styles to ask anything about them. Feel free to ask more yoyo questions if you want.

Hope I don’t sound stupid making this thread. Again (I think), the purpose of this is to see how similar and different you are from other yoyoers on yoyoexpert.

Hopes this works out fine,
-Kev

1. Both
  2. Personal
  3. Creative
  4. Hobby
  5. Moderately fast and moderately smooth
  6. Side style and horizontal
  7. Unresponsive
  8. Metal
  9. C
  10. I’m not picky
  1. Appealing

2. Competitive

3. Follow past combos

4. No idea

5. Speed

6. Side

7. Both

8. Hybrid

9. D, then C

10. V-U shaped

1.Appealing
2.Personal
3.Past Combos
4.Wherever it takes me
5.Smooth (Don’t have that speed factor)

1.Side Style
2.Unresponsive
3.Metal
4.C bearing
5.Curved

1. Appealing

2. Personal

3. Creative

4. Untill I get bored (if it ever happens)

5. More speed

6. Both

7. Unresponsive

8. Metal/plastic/hybrid

9. C

10. V shaped

Tech
Personal
Idk
Hobby
Smooth
Side
Unresponsive
Metal
C
Idk

General Yoyoing
1: Technical

2: Personal style

3: Follow past combos

4: Hobby

5: Depends of my mood. Somedays I like speed, other days smooth

One A (String Tricks)
1: Front Style

2: Responsive mostly, sometimes I switch to unresponsive

3: Plastic for responsive, Metal for unresponsive

4: C bearings

5: I’m using all kinds of shapes

General Yoyoing

Well, I would like to be more technical, but usually I lean towards appealing. I tend over exaggerate movements, so that ends up being more appealing than technical.

Personal Style. For sure, I never do competitive.

3: Do you like to follow past combos seen as you began yoyoing, or do you like to be creative?

I like to be creative. I like to fit in some tricks in the middle of other tricks. For example, a Buddha’s Revenge near the end of a Cold Fusion.

4: How far will you take yoyoing? (From rating of hobby, to teaching or owning a yoyo brand.)
I’m keeping it as a hobby. I’ll buy nice yoyo’s and expensive string, but never a yoyo above $70. I probably won’t keep too many yoyos either.

5: Do you like to be more speed (Micky [right name?]) or more smooth (Guy Wright)?
Speed. I aspire to be fast even though I’m not good at it. I also enjoy watching fast yoyoing than smooth, but I like smooth yoyoing as well.

One A (String Tricks)

I prefer front style, but most tricks are side style so I usually do side style.

Unresponsive for sure. There are countless times when I try out my friends responsive yoyo and plastic whip myself in the face.

3: Plastic, Metal, Wood, or Hybrid (Including Bimetals)? (Should this be in general yoyoing?)

I’ve only tried A and C, and I like C better. Easier to clean and tends to have a wider gap.

No preference. As long as it feels nice in my hand.

General Yoyoing

1. appealing. I’m a performer through and through.

2. a mixture of both. I like doing it for myself, but I love competition settings. It’s the only way i can feel like i really know how good i am.

3. I want to be creative. I don’t like trying to learn other people’s combos anyway.

4. It’s definitely a hobby, but i am willing to do anything with it if i have the opportunity.

5. Smooth. no question.

1A

1. Oppan Side Style!!

2. Unresponsive. I love slacks and Whips.

3. I like them all.

4. C

5. Curved. they feel more natural to me.

1. I like technicals that have an appealing smooth feel too
  2. I have never been in a competition so I dont’t really know
  3. I tend to make my own combos from a little bit of my favorite throwers and a little bit what I made up
  4. I’d love to play competitively and get sponsored but you really don’t know until you get there.
  5. I prefer smooth over fast but I hate mind numbingly slow too
  6. Side style and I am working on horizontals
  7. Unresponsive all the way
  8. Metal I love grinding
  9. C
  10. Whatever feels right in my hand

a. I would be appealing; I can’t do technical tricks well :-[
b. I just do it for myself, and I haven’t been to competition.
c. My combos are mostly tricks that I have learned, but I sometimes put in variations and make up my own.
d. I would love to own a yoyo brand, but for now I would just keep it as hobby.
e. I’m terrible a fast; so yea, smooth. However I’m not good at both :stuck_out_tongue:
f. Side; no question.
g. Unresponsive.
h. Full metal.
i. I like C.
j. I like the H shape, strangely to me it feels sorta comfortable.

Hey yoyoers.
I don’t go on YYE as much as usual, but I have free time to make this thread right now. ^^
Simply, this is a small series of questions to see what you do the most in yoyoing. :stuck_out_tongue:

The purpose of this is to see how similar and different you are from other yoyoers on yoyoexpert.

Answer these questions in reply, and feel free to ask questions.

General Yoyoing

Appealing. I like to make non-yoyoer’s jaws drop when they see my tricks, not the judge’s. (But I dont mind when the judge’s jaws drop :wink: )

Personal Style.

I prefer to be creative, not clinging to a combo more than a week, always trying to make more and
more stuff up. I am actually leaving every trick of mine from 2012 in 2012. Im not gonna do them again in videos or otherwise.(I will, however, use elements from them until new elements come to me. You can’t rush perfection :wink: )

I doubt I will ever make my own yoyo brand, but I also dont ever see myself quitting. I like to teach all and anyone how to yoyo whenever the chance comes to me, or even to teach a guy who already yoyos one of my original tricks.

I actually do both, but I try to be more smooth.

One A (String Tricks)

Side style, but I am testing out some frontstyle stuff.

Unresponsive.

Metal, but I do use plastics when I have the chance.

C

Well… I like angular shaped yoyos like the KLR and the Dietz. Not sure where those fall under.

Notice: I would add all of the other 4 styles of yoyoing but I don’t think I have enough experience in those styles to ask anything about them. Feel free to ask more yoyo questions if you want.

Hope I don’t sound stupid making this thread. Again (I think), the purpose of this is to see how similar and different you are from other yoyoers on yoyoexpert.

Hopes this works out fine,
-Kev