Plastic Vs Metal ?

I agree with what you are saying. Sure, Jensen kimmit could win worlds with a plastic, but he could have won worlds with a metal to… Jensen liked the play of the north star and practiced with it. A plastic can do anything a metal can do but it is sooooooo Mich less forgiving. Metals are almost always the better option unless you can’t afford a metal.

Its not about the Material, Its about the resulting Product.
I have played many a Metal/Plastic that I did not like at all.

Today My Bag Contains:
OUT - Pocket Love - Oak, Bloodwood, Purple heart, Padauk
OUT - Treehugger - Oak
YYJ - Unleashed - Plastic
YYJ - Copperhead HG - Plastic/Plastic/Metal
YYF - NorthStar - Plastic/metal
HSPIN - Pyro - Aluminium
Buzzon - Nemesis - Plastic/Metal
Buzzon Element X
One Drop - Benchmark (V, O, H) Aluminium
One Drop - Rally - Plastic/Metal
Duncan - Flying Panda - Plastic/Rubber
3YO3 - Al5 - Aluminium
3YO3 - Ti5 - Titanium
3YO3 - Accent - Plastic (Turned Acrylic)
3YO3 - Custom Radial (Turned Acrylic)
3YO3 - Beta Tester (Turned Acrylic)
3YO3 - Omni X - Aluminium
Yoyorecreation - DreadnoughtG - Aluminium

Well yeah, but there are far more metals than plastic, so I’m pretty sure that Metal is better while constructing a yoyo.

The initial cost to create a metal yoyo is considerably cheaper than paying for a plastic mold. You could bring up delrin but people want those for $50 or less and that’s hard to do when you take into account machining costs. There’s a whole lot more profit in the aluminum market since people can justify an $80 metal a lot easier than an $80 plastic since they can’t make the distinction between something mold injected and something precision machined.

If I pick up a plastic yoyo and it plays well then I like plastic.
If I pick up a metal yoyo and it plays well then I like metal.
If I pick up a plastic/metal combo yoyo and it plays well then I like plastic/metal combo.
If I pick up a yoyo and it plays well then I like it no matter what it is made of.

2 Likes