Plastic Peak CLYWxLuftverk

I think there is something to be said for releasing a sure-to-be popular product when customer service and tech support people are available to deal with any problems that crop up. Especially when those “people” might actually be one person (though I have no insight into this particular case).

2 Likes

Gonna have to come down with horrific diarrhea at work at 9:55am on Tuesday, lol

You know the white ones will sell quick. I’m sure there will be plenty dropped later. Wish I knew if their would be any exclusives or if it’ll be just three colors

2 Likes

Pretty sure @unklesteve said in the discord there’s only 3 colors for this run. In the same message talking about sending some to retailers. I’d assume it’s more likely to expect 3 total options over there being some exclusives based on that.

Impatiently waiting for more pics

1 Like

And here we are, months later, I have production samples on my desk and I’ve been playing the prototypes non-stop since I got them and I can confirm:

Easily one of the Top 5 CLYW releases of all time. This will never stop being a daily throw for me. It’s everything I always wanted the Peak to be, and everything I wanted for a plastic CLYW release.

I realize hyperbole is cheap af in these parts but I don’t make bold claims lightly. I knew what we were getting into with this and I knew as soon as Jeff said “Plastic Peak?” it would be a winner.

Can’t wait for everyone to try it.

27 Likes

The only exclusives planned are a team exclusive color that will never be for sale. Each team member is getting two of them…one to play and one to do with as they please. The rest of that colorway will be mine to give away to CLYW friends and family and anyone else I run into along the way who just makes me glad to be a yoyo player.

22 Likes

I wanted to make a yoyo meme for this, but it turns out I already made it…

8 Likes

While you’re here I just wanna say thank you for this video. It is what made me obsessed with yoyos back in the day - a huge part of my childhood! OK back to plastic peak talks!

Duncan’s How To Be A Player Vol. 1 - YouTube

7 Likes

40s kinda taxin for a plastic but with the peak legacy I guess you could probably charge even more.

1 Like

@J-Dye Brother, get ready, you’re gonna be able to retire after this

You think you can replicate an OG Peak with the mountains and number them like the OG?

4 Likes

And if so I’d just like to place my name on the list right now behind this gentleman

2 Likes

It’s not cheap to produce and two companies have to get paid on these release versus Jeff’s normal plastic releases where it’s just him. Higher costs always bump up the retail but we tried to keep these still pretty reasonable because we obviously want them in as many hands as possible.

8 Likes

People are dropping $4000 for the OG and $500-$1000 for the second and third run.

$40 is a steal. These things better vibe, float and have soul @unklesteve lol

11 Likes

I was thinking about the two companies splitting profits component. That makes sense. I always wondered how that works when companies collaborate on yoyos. Like the Thesis x GoodLife Callisto, just seems tough to split profits on a yoyo. $40 isn’t bad, I’ve seen people say the Fulvia should of been more. I’m just cheap.

Hey!
Yes without too much problem! But with dye! I don’t use spray can (like the first one I think it’s made like that?!) I only see pictures of them!
Thanks ! hope to see some white ones drop soon :crossed_fingers:t3:

3 Likes

Any chance with @jeffreypang911 doing some metal rings on then injection yoyos that there could be a YYJ style Peak with original dimensions @unklesteve ?

Can’t wait for this to release, will be buying right away!

Also…please let purple be one of the colors, if not on this run on the next @unklesteve :pray:t2:

4 Likes

Didn’t people not like the peak 2 because it played different (better) than the og peak? maybe there is more nuance to that dissenting argument… but if it is true the what makes this time different?

1 Like

It’s not that people didn’t like it - the Peak 2 is actually a great yoyo and nice performing organic, I love mine and know several others do too. The issue was that too much of what made the Peak a Peak was removed. As a stand-alone yoyo unrelated to the Peak lineage, Peak 2 is awesome. However Jeff understands old CLYW design language super well and I have a feeling the overall highwall shape and higher weight was retained, two of the things that the Peak 2 didn’t have. And Steve has since said he knows what to do moving forward on the Peak 3 to capture that OG essence.

6 Likes

If the Plastic Peak doesn’t have the iconic nipple will its still be desired?

20220129_112413

What if its just a flat hub?

2 Likes