Plastic Fulvia vs. YYF DNA

Im looking to upgrade from the YYF Replay Pro and have been browsing yo-yos to upgrade to. I’m looking in the $30-45 range and have looked at the Plastic Fulvia and DNA. I was wondering which one is better for spin time, general feel/use, tricks etc. Or should I be looking at different yo-yos entirely.

1 Like

Mmmmh? Plastic Fulvia or DNA? …. DNA or Plastic Fulvia?……

I would buy……… the New Yoyofactory Bullseye.

Amazingly good yoyo for not much money…

7 Likes

I would go for the hybrid fulvia. It’s $25 more than the plastic fulvia but it is worth it. The performance per $ is amazing as well

1 Like

If you want to stick with a plastic, I like the Speedaholic XX ($28) more than the Plastic Fulvia. If you’re leaning towards metal, the new YoYoFriends Paragraph is supposed to be very good for just $30. I also really like the TopYo Null that sells for $35. There are a good amount of choices right in the $30-$40 range.

4 Likes

The plastic peak and Top Yo Colossus VI are really great at this price point.

1 Like

Idk if it’s coming to the yye store at some point or available for you but I’ve been having a good time with my recently acquired yoyo friends paragraph.

The replay is a big ole plastic organic. If your enjoying that but want better the plastic 000 is a great yoyo. Plastic fluvia is great too if you want a different shape but to stay plastic.

I also like the yyf sugar if your willing to go up a tad in budget.

Only thing dna has on all these is a “fingerspin hub” and there are other finger soin yo-yos in your price range that are better all around yoyo.

1 Like

I own both…neither are among my favorites.

For plastics my favorite is the Shooting Star. Also for fingerspin yoyos.

If you want monometal then the bullseye mentioned is excellent.

I also love the spotlight, the regular one can be found at around $35

4 Likes

Yeah, your video about plastics has been fundamental when I got back to yoyoing and I ended up going for the shooting star over the speedaholic xx.

Since then I got quite few more throws, plastic too and the shooting star wins as the daily carrier, such a well rounded yoyo. Second place plastic 000, plastic Peak third and last Freehand pro one (I have no idea why people love that yoyo🤷‍♂️

I believe the soon coming YYF AOE will be a valid contender, but maybe not as good for grinds.

4 Likes

I always love hearing that my videos were useful. So happy it could help you out.

Yeah the new YoyoFriends AoE will probably be good. But considering the material and more importantly the finish probably not for grinds no.

4 Likes

Thank you all! I’ll look into every yo-yo mentioned and find the best fit for me. Appreciate the feedback!

1 Like

So I’m a visual person but didn’t feel like going into my office last night so some visual comparisons to help your decisions

If your staying plastic here are some still available at retailers that fall in the plastic range that I have.

Luftverk 000 is by far my favorite plastic but I enjoy organic throws.
Fluvia is a solid plastic but I reach for my plastic peak or 000 more
Offset Variant is a really good plastic yoyo I’m less a fan of the Susie but it’s really good.
The sage classic and new are fine but nothing amazing the classic is just a yyf one star rebrand anyway. I didn’t like the new Sage but hey it has a finger spin hub
The northstar is back at yyf as part of there worlds collection. Fairly cheap and fingerspin able. Can we call it a hybrid with the metal insert. Idk it’s a solid player
Replay in the middle for comparison to what you have

5 Likes

To continue my point I’ll give you some metal options. They are a tad more expensive some go a bit over your budget but they all pretty close and it’s what I have In Your range.

Throw back canon I like this for free hand play it probably could use a pair and be a good 3A yoyo but that’s not my speed
Yyf spotlight it’s a solid yoyo the ultra I’ve heard is better but for what it is. It’s not a bad throw.
Yyf sugar this is a fantastic yoyo. It’s all around just a solid throw and I personally don’t normally like the shape.
Yyf halo this is probably the closest to a replay but metal to be honest it’s got power but it’s also comfortable.
Yyf Replay for comparison
Yoyo friends paragraph I haven’t had allot of time but it’s a solid good yoyo I have no complaints.
Myy n5 desperado it’s wide fir it’s size which makes landing on the string a bit easier. I don’t reach for it often honestly.
Recess snack this is often in my rotation. It’s an awesome pocket throw and I think there are still cheap b grades that are just fine on a tricky site if you catch my drift.
Myy z01 focus it’s a bimetal that is super cheap for what it is. There are reviews on it it’s a great throw I honestly only have one cause it was on a wild sale a cheaper than I’ve ever seen.
Yyf horizon I’m not a fan of the horizon. It’s fine it’s not a bad yoyo but I rarely reach for it.

Sorry if this is just a wall of info but hopefully being able to see the youos side by side that I’m talking about helps your decision a bit

4 Likes

Unparalleled Recognition should fit your budget with it’s price of 45$. Performance wise it is far the best option that I’ve tried in that price range. It outperforms many of my bimetals that cost twice as much. And also it is a lot of fun to play with. For me it plays a little heavy, which I tend to prefer and has a lot of power. Also it’s diameter is on the smaller side so it is perfect for chopsticks and dense tech tricks.

1 Like

I think your videos are great. Thank you for taking the time to make these interesting comparison videos.
The shooting star is also my favourite plastic yoyo. I like it better than the Speedaholic and the fulvia.

2 Likes

Tysm! I’m also a visual learner so this really helped to go through the choices. I appreciate it. My replay just broke today (a friend from school tightened it to much and left an indent with the bearing so it doesn’t spin), so I’ll probably be looking at getting a new yo-yo sooner than expected lol. This will help me choose quickly!

1 Like

The paragraph dropping tonight would be a solid choice.

I agree with the recognition. Very solid for $45. It feels premium too with the 7075 aluminum. It’s a heck of a deal. Doesn’t have a fingerspin dimple though. I haven’t tried the paragraph yet but it definitely seems like another great deal for only $30. It also has a fingerspin dimple, though I heard it is hard to lock into at first. My one gripe about the recognition is sometimes the more angled edges can be rough when learning new tricks and I hit myself or when I’m just wanting a more relaxed session. The paragraphs rounded edges are intriguing to me because of that.

2 Likes