Phidias by PDX - Beautiful new slimline!

Now you got to buy one so it doesnt seem like he wasted any time. Go now. Peer pressure.

4 Likes

lol :stuck_out_tongue: I’m such a poser!

Honestly…I was trying to ask a question that I feel like would be on a lot of people’s minds.

3 Likes

This color way is GORGEOUS. I can’t wait to take appreciate post pics on mine when it get to my house Friday!

1 Like

I bought this throw thinking it could be setup as responsive too, does anyone have a suggesting on responsive bearing (I know I can use thick lube in the existing bearing) because I would like to have the ability to swap between

1 Like

I was going to suggest one of these…but I see they’re now out of stock :frowning:

1 Like

Thank you! I will keep any eye out

1 Like

It arrived early and I zoomed to the mailbox excitedly. Oh yeah! This yoyo plays as good as it looks (which is just lovely), with a surprising amount of performance given the slim design. If you want a yoyo that will cause you to focus on hitting the gap accurately but with plenty of spin, this is a great one.

Also, inner rim grinds and finger spins are fun on it.

@twitch77, the ano streaking is pretty subtle, here’s mine for comparison…

PS it’s annoying how iPhone photos get rotated. Oh well.

5 Likes

Thanks a lot @beezy! Really glad it came in today for you and that it’s as fun as you were hoping!
Really appreciate the photos…those flaws aren’t bad at all!

1 Like

Do y’all mind if I add a little something more? No? Ok…

Not all yoyos that I think are great “click” with me right away, but the Phidias is one that did, from the very first throw.

I got it thinking that the design would make it extra stable for a slimline and great for unresponsive play, and it totally delivered and then some, and feels even better on the string than I expected due to its stability and a really nice overall weight for the design. EDC material here - pocket friendly, extra durable 7075 Aluminum, lightweight so you can throw it without fatigue, and super playable and fun.

What helps here is that the response is perfect right out of the box. The binds are tight and predictable. You can laceration bind with confidence. Though it takes pads, it looks like it might be already setup with flowable silicone, which is my preference (that or gasket maker).

We’ll see how I feel about it in a month but my early impression is that this is something to throw all the time. Very surprised and pleased with this yoyo.

4 Likes