Slim/slimline yoyos

looking to buy a slimline yoyo, if you have any recommendations that would be great! thanks

3 Likes

Slim dunk is awesome as an unresponsive slim, and the thing is awesome as the best price to performance for modern responsive.

4 Likes

I really like my phidias by pdx-yo. YYE still has some in stock here as well.

9 Likes

Butterfly al is the move

2 Likes

Deep state and Deeper State!

3 Likes

Second a lot of the above, like the Slim Dunk and Deep State/ Deeper State. The Sherpa is also good especially at its current price point and availability, it also can be set up in a couple different ways and comes with the bearings and alxes if you want to experiment.

2 Likes

Zodiac with some thick lube

1 Like

OST resto is a great choice. I’m also fond of my SF 36

1 Like

I’m a big fan of the Lowkey Throws Woodland if you want a really slim throw just to have fun with.

2 Likes

Has anyone tried the Double Or Nothing by Something?

The Petri is an excellent yoyo for unresponsive play. Looks simple but it’s a very clever design and it’s really rewarding hitting just regular tricks with it.

The Slim Dunk is one I’ve just got recently so I’ve not had much time with it, but I really like how it feels. I prefer it to the regular Dunk.

There is an ILYY throw coming out soon that I’m going to hopefully pick up too. It’s a bimetal slimline.

1 Like

I second the Phidias. It is the yoyo since the Grail that I enjoy everything about: aesthetics, in hand, and in play. If PDX eventually make more in light solid colorways I’d be tempted to pick up another one.

3 Likes

This-a-Way That-a-Way is the best slimline I’ve ever used.

4 Likes

alleycat 650b is great if you can snag one up

Here’s my choices for slimline yoyos:

Unresponsive: Slim Dunk by Jake Bullock
Got this one recently, I REALLY love it. Price point is fantastic for how well it performs.

Responsive: OG Alleycat by CoreCo.
650b is also good, but I like the chunkiness of the OG version.

Fancy/Expensive: Fianchetto by 2Sick
I’ve had this one for years, sparked the heck out of it and it still plays like a charm.

Here’s some pictures just because I had them handy when writing this post:

4 Likes