pgm vs maverick

which one will win and why need opinions plz thx

Umm. What’s the competition about?

No matter your answer to that, they’re both great and compete with any other yoyo.

Well really, it is hard to put one against the other because they are completely different yoyos.

The Maverick is a good choice in my opinion because:

1. It is a cheap all metal yoyo with a great finish, good for grinding, yes IRG’s as well.
  2. It fits my hand well, it doesn’t have a heavy THUNK at the end of the string, and it feels as though you can play as fast or as slow as you want.
  3. (The Most important to me) This yoyo is VERY forgiving on a bad throw, I haven’t quite worked out why, but when I throw crooked, I can easily adjust it before the tilt causes catastrophe.

Now, this yoyo has a few diminishing aspects as well.

1. The Response system is so unique that it can not be siliconed properly, the groove is just too big, it is almost impossible to make sure you don’t have any bubbles.
  2. This yoyo comes standard with a nonstandard bearing size, which means when it comes time to replace it, you will have to look for a little bit, it is not hard to find, just harder than going to the shop section here at YYE :wink: (If you are looking for a replacement bearing for this yoyo, PM me, I have a couple of links I can give you to help)
  3. (The most absurd reason not to get this yoyo) It is made by Yomega, which had a falling out in the Yoyo Community back in 2007. Corporate reasons or not, Alan Amaral (SP? who cares?) no longer is affiliated with Yomega, a good throw is a good throw and you gotta give credit where credit is due.

Now, the PGM…

1. It has hubstacks, this allows for pull starts, sideways palm stalls, T-stack gyros, ect. These can be fun, but unless you really feel like being innovative, you are going to get tired of them fast.
  2. It has a good shape, size and weight.
  3. Is a completely standard yoyo, you will not have a problem finding the parts to repair them.

Cons:

1. It has hubstacks, this allows for pull starts, sideways palm stalls, T-stack gyros, ect. These can be fun, but unless you really feel like being innovative, you are going to get tired of them fast.
  2. Some people think that plastic yoyo’s are not as good as metal’s, it is just the nature of the beast, considering this is a plastic, you may not feel as though it is a very good throw unless you appreciate each yoyo for it’s unique attributes.
  3. (I may be wrong here but…) I believe it is hard to find these now a days, so if your heart is set on one, you may be doing without for a little bit.

Well, as always you can agree, disagree; flame, or troll, but that is just my thoughts in contrast of the two, and I hope I helped.