Personal "State Of Yo"

It’s been almost 3 years, and I can’t express how much I love this hobby!

My personal journey has evolved quite a bit over the last year, and I like to think it is for the better. Last Spring I participated in Ed Haponik’s Fixed Axle February and Mixed Axle March challenges, and it basically kicked in a new inspiration to learn many new tricks as well as develop some of my own. Especially with the super chill aspect of 0A, I found it to be quite home-like and has now been my main choice of style. It’s all in that return, man!

I’ve also found myself needing less yo-yos on hand, from just limiting myself to my 11-yoyo case to now capping myself at 6 total, right now those being 2 butterflies, 2 FH1’s, and a RBC (still thinking what I’d want my #6 to be). I’ve found over time limiting myself in terms of style has actually been really nice, and has curbed much of my previous “yo-yo wants” so-to-speak. Perhaps Ed’s onto something with the one yo-yo only thing haha.

Overall, especially last semester, I’ve thrown a bit less than usual, but every time I throw it’s a great time. Less involved but in some ways I think I appreciate the hobby on a deeper level now. I can’t wait for the years to come!

I’d love to hear if you all have had a shift in mentality about the hobby as of late, and what you have discovered if anything.

Y’all are the coolest hobby community hands down! Stay groovy.

25 Likes