Permatex Silicone messup

I was using it one day and then it wouldnt come out for a while so i kept squeezing in the end a hole was made in the middle of the tube (not the plastic one) in the end i had to throw it away what did i do wrong did it dry somewhere or did i squeeze to hard?

Sounds like the silicone hardened in the tube. Did you have a cap on it? I always leave the plastic nozzle on and put a large screw through the opening. That way the silicone stays fresh in the nozzle.

well i did put a screw nice and tight though it took me like 10 to 15 min to find it but does silicone dry up that fast?

No it typically does not dry that fast. Hence why it takes a good 12 - 24 hours to fully cure depending on the type of silicone.

So the silicone dried in 15 minutes? If that’s the case I have no valid explanation…

is it normal for it to make holes though? If so i probably wont buy another one

Like it burst through the packaging? No that’s not normal either. Was it in a unusually cold or warm storage locations? Near any sharp materials?

i put it in a cabinet at room temp maybe something poked or something anyway next