Pay It FWD Reflection

Oh I see it’s @Chrizsmh13. I will reach out to them for their address and profusely apologize to @adamantiumpops for my misunderstanding :grin:

1 Like

All good!

1 Like

All I can do now is put on a brave face.

1 Like

3 more and I’m up… can’t wait to try this bad boy! Thanks again!

1 Like

Yo can I get in line for this? Seems like a pretty sick throw.

FYI - this arrved safe and sound (had a busy few days recently) - looking forward to this one - I love the deep color!

Just looked back through the original post - should there have been a bunch of strings in the box, or were those slowly used up (can’t remember offhand where I am in the journey for this yo-yo) - the only things I saw in the box were 2 stickers and the (stringless) Reflection.

3 Likes

Looks rad! I’d love to get on this list for this!

1 Like

All good! I’d assume it been used up or someone kept them, no pressure to refill or to add anything in. Hopefully its been enjoyable so far!

Yes! Haven’t had a chance to write up anything yet, but this is great!

First impressions are how strong/stable this yo-yo is! I also like the power/oomph at the end of the string when it’s first thrown!

Sorry, it’s been crazy at school (HS teacher - just went through WASC if anyone knows what that is…giant audit of the school essentially). Shipped this off the other day to @adamantiumpops and communicated with them late yesterday.

Had a blast with it though - it’s super stable and powerful!

1 Like

This arrived yesterday! So far it’s been phenomenal. I love the heft it has to it without the ‘thunk’ a lot of heavier throws have. Going to use it to learn something new before I send it out the the next in line.

Also a creator-apropos photo (though my photography skills, hardware, and backdrop all pale in comparison lol).

1 Like

Who’s next, Ivan? @craZivn ? It’s going out tomorrow if you could kindly slide into my DMs and provide an address.

I’ve really enjoyed my time with this guy. It makes me really want an Edition throw if they follow the same design and performance standards.

I understand TP is also similar to this? And Motion? I wouldn’t bring up other makers if Max had plans on full production runs, but like a high school pusher the first one was free and I may need to find a fix now :joy:.

3 Likes

Oh boy oh boyohboy! DM’ing right now!

Ivan

1 Like

Hahaha I’m glad you enjoyed it! I’m in process of considering some new prototypes and Collab projects however they are not a priority ATM just cause of how swamped I am with other things.

1 Like

Tracking says it’s at the house! I’ll be back tomorrow night, until then my parents will bring it in from the mailbox so it’ll be safe.

Ivan

1 Like

Finally got to open it up today after a hectic weekend! Got a few throws in and initial impressions are very nice. Can’t wait to give this beauty a good session!

Ivan

4 Likes

Glad to see it made it in safely!

I had a chance to play with the Reflection! I was surprised to find out that this yoyo is 67 grams, it feels lighter in play.

The characteristics seem very, very well balanced to me. It’s extremely comfortable to catch but doesn’t seem to have the “touchiness” in play that I experience with most organic yoyos, I feel that it has the forgiveness of an H body.
Also doesn’t seem to scrub speed like organic yoyos do when played by amateurs like myself. Spin time and stability are really good.

I had more trouble with fingerspinning this yoyo than I usually do though. I think it’s mainly due to the gloss finish, I’d much prefer a blast. Fingerspins seem to lose speed much more quickly than I’m used to.
The raised “button” style of hub looks and feels really cool, but I think it’s possible that the poor fingerspin performance might be partially due to the edge of the button contacting my finger a bit. I sure wish I could try one of these in a blast finish.

Despite my objections to the finish, I really really like playing with this yoyo! It’s right up there with the Panorama on the “keep an eye out for a deal on the BSTs” list! It’s got a great feel, nearly perfect balance of power and float and seems to work with me on tricks, if that makes sense. And, of course, it’s absolutely beautiful.
I’m going to relish my remaining time with this yoyo, it’s a real privilege to have the opportunity to play it.

Here’s a poorly-lit vid of me having a quick throw after hours in the bar.

Ivan

3 Likes

That is a nice color too

1 Like

Im glad it’s been an enjoyable experience!

1 Like