Pay it forward silenus

@Shwa I’ll ship it out asap

1 Like

Good man. I think that was wise. I look forward to getting it at some point.

2 Likes

I added extra index cards so we can try to keep it neat. YYE Name, city, and date you ship out.

10 Likes

I think this is a great idea. I’m tempted to participate, but when I have time to get location shots just to add to it, I already own five, the Silenus is one of my favorite shapes and it’s so cheap whenever a new colorway that I like drops I grab one. :grinning:

5 Likes

@AKYOYOMIKE, Silenus made it safely! Thanks.

My initial impression is very positive! Only been 10 min but man! Silenus is fun.

Anyone know if the name comes from Greek Mythology? If so, it looks like wine for dinner! :wine_glass:
Silenus was a companion of the god of wine Dionysus in Greek mythology.

15 Likes

I just realized that this thing is soooo super smooth. 10/10. I didn’t expect that.

7 Likes

really no dings so far? how disappointing :triumph:

now I need to start saving for shipping funds so I can walk it over concrete :stuck_out_tongue:

…jkjk!

4 Likes

I’m wondering if anyone has tried different strings on this and if anyone had preferences.

2 Likes

I would prefer it to not be intentionally damaged.
It is quite smooth and would not want to take a chance and jacking that up.
I think the better the condition, the more excited future recipients will be.

10 Likes

@ChrisFrancz… First thing I did was string up Kitty XL. Its my go to but I think its required as binds are a little looser than I’m used to (not sure about response pads). There are a few other strings in the box. Maybe one of the previous “step parents” knows the brand.

@Dizzo. Make it known that Selinus is still in great shape. No damage what so ever and glass smooth. Thanks for doing this!

Hope I didn’t just jinx myself.

6 Likes

Kittty XL is what I normally use in my Silenus.

2 Likes

Ok! Silenus is ready to travel. Who would like to be next in line?

We spent a nice Thanksgiving in the Finger Lakes of NY. Wine country! Fitting for an aptly named and colored throw!

Silenus plays so nice and is such fun to throw. I’ll be picking one up but it will have to be in this same colorway. Anyone know what they originally called it? “Gold and Grapes” maybe?

Thank you to @dizzo for making this happen. I would have never played this throw otherwise.

Silenus was a companion of the god of wine Dionysus in Greek mythology. He was much older than the satyrs, followers of the god, and had the characteristics of a horse rather than a goat. A group of Dionysus ’ followers was also named Sileni (plural), their most notable characteristic being that they were drunk. Eventually, the word was used as a name of the teacher and close companion of the god.

Silenus was always drunk and was either supported by satyrs or on a donkey. While drunk, it was believed that he acquired arcane knowledge and was able to predict the future. According to a myth, King Midas of Phrygia managed to catch Silenus when he was drunk by a fountain in order to learn his secrets. A different version has it that Silenus was lost in the region of Phrygia, and was eventually found by peasants who took him to the king. Midas welcomed him and treated him kindly, and Dionysus , wanting to repay for the kindness he showed towards Silenus , told him he would give him a reward; Midas asked for the ability to turn everything he touched into gold.

17 Likes

I’ll take it next if no one else is in line.

1 Like

@8269christopher, you will have to grab Silenus after @DapperWooona is done. He was an hour ahead of you. I’m awaiting the next stop now.

4 Likes

Sounds good. Thank you.

@DapperWooona is next up. Here is where Silenus has been and is going… long walk in at 777 HRS!

I’ve added some Kitty XL (not FAT)

10 Likes

So dapperwoona is getting it next? I didnt see a post here by them.

5 Likes

He PM’d me. Is it OK if Silenus leaves the country? Haven’t shipped it yet.

2 Likes

Well, the instructions to post “ill take it” are pretty clear in the op. Doing it this way gives clarity to everyone involved.
Shipping out of the country has been discussed here already. Im fine with it if both parties are good with it. Seems kind of silly though as shipping a $35 yoyo out of the country and back is going to cost more than the yoyo.

8 Likes

OK.

@DapperWooona, I hope there are no hard feelings but @dizzo is right. He clearly set the rules and I think they’re fair. First one to post here in the thread gets to be next. Otherwise you could really say that anyone had PM’d you first.

@8269christopher. You clearly posted here first requesting a go with Silenus. PM with where I should ship.

My bad!

5 Likes