Pay it forward silenus

Keep an eye on this thread this evening :eyes: I will be putting it up for grabs later today

5 Likes

Looks like my time is up xd goodluck everyone!

6 Likes

Who’s taking… very cool yoyo… lots of cool energy on this one. Don’t let the chain stop!

4 Likes

I’ll take it!!

8 Likes

Arrived Safely in IL!!!
I can tell you right now this is going to be a hard one to give away :laughing:

15 Likes

Sweet! Enjoy. I love these threads!

3 Likes

…but extremely affordable to acquire. It’s been my second favorite yoyo for two years.

6 Likes

I think I’ll buy one then :thinking: also the response pad literally exploded :laughing:

luckily i know how to resilicone so its all good.

9 Likes

At least now you can do the silicone right and make it recessed a bit :grin:

3 Likes

How hard were you playing that thing? lol The silicone looked dicey before I even started throwing it. I was afraid that would happen to me :scream:

For my experience it was the smoothest throwing budget yoyo I ever used. No vibe at all and felt like butter on grinds. Really feels like a $100+ yoyo. It is a bit of a heavy lil guy but I usually prefer heavier feeling throws. There’s something really special about it.

Are they still being produced?

3 Likes

I was half way through a 2 hour practice, dude its awesome!! I like the heaviness and also i was wondering the same thing?

They are, a certain Japanese retailer has them in stock and YoYoExpert should have some in stock too eventually whenever their next shipment from TopYo arrives. After trying the one from this thread I actually went out and bought a pair (one of the newer ones that’s about a gram lighter and the older “2020” model)

5 Likes

Yeah the silenus is one of my all time fav throws

4 Likes

We should tally who participated in this pay it forward and then went and bought one…. I did!

5 Likes

Ohhh boy… Here are the rules so you don’t have to scroll up the thread:

I’ll send the Silenus to the next person to post “I’ll take it” here in this thread! (DMs don’t count, it’s gotta be posted in the thread to keep everything fair.) Contiguous 48 U.S. states only please.

HOWEVER, by accepting the yoyo, you are only allowed to keep it for about a month and then will be responsible for posting a post similar to this one, in this thread, and also for shipping the Silenus on to it’s next destination.

So let’s get the next stage of the Silenus’s travel rolling! An eternal curse on the player who breaks the chain

8 Likes

Bump.

2 Likes

I’ll take it

6 Likes

Great! Pm ur addy and ill get this out ASAP!!!

4 Likes

Silenius has landed. Incredible that this thing is $30 lol.

15 Likes

Alright friends, I’ve spent a decent amount of time with the Silenus and want to share my thoughts so far.

Enjoy if you’re into that - otherwise I will update the thread sometime next week to send it out to it’s next owner. I’ve added some fresh Skyline, original throw, and my home-made strings to the huge selection of strings to try.

First thoughts for me was… “This is a $30 edgy chief with more rim weight.”

Chief : 45 / 56 / 66g
Silenus : 46 / 55 / 67g

I would not say this is a replacement for a Chief at all. It’s a completely different animal all together. It’s more so like a distant cousin than a direct descendant.

But if you like this yoyo, I would only assume you would like a Chief and vice versa. To me, I see and feel the inspiration in the yoyo and it’s design. The thickest part of the walls on both yo-yo’s are close to 8mm. The inside hub of the Chief is wider, while the Silenus put more meat onto the profile of the hub. But it doesn’t feel like a rock at the end of the string, it’s more like a train on rails. It’s not going to dance it’s way through your trick, it’s going to power it’s way through.

If you told me this Silenus was $60-$80, I wouldn’t think twice. To me, I feel like people can “outgrow” a lot of budget metals. Meaning that they’re a good introduction, and they will always perform well. But in terms of your own preference, you’ll usually find something that you prefer over a Node, N11, Honor, Hertz, etc as you try more designs.

I feel like the Silenus could be a yoyo that you can continue to grow with in your throwing journey. Likely you could buy more expensive “boutique” yoyos and find yourself back to the Silenus - much like how people find themselves back to the Chief.

12 Likes