Pay it forward silenus

That’s honestly the best color way I’ve seen if not close to it

1 Like

Right on! Just DM’d for your mailing address!

Ivan

Ah, dang it, missed it :smiley:

Well then, i`ll just simply buy one for myself :smiley:

3 Likes

Got the silenus today

12 Likes

Sweet! It’s been great being part of the chain, glad to see the USPS came through!

Try out @Shapapy 's white Sochi T strings if you’ve never tried them. I think they may have unseated Plutonium as my go-to string. It seems to respond about the same but maybe whip a hair better, and definitely seems to last longer before getting frizzy. I’d be interested in how the T string stacks up to YYSL’s new formula in your opinion.

Ivan

3 Likes

Been having some fun with the pay it forward silenus tonight! Definitely one of my favorite yoyos… that’s why I own 2 haha. I noticed that this one is slightly different than the 2 I own.

4 Likes

What do you think is different?

Funny you say that because I bought a Silenus many months after having the “pay it forward”. I felt like mine played slightly different but could put my finger it.

1 Like

Its hard to say… They definitely have a slightly different shape and feel a bit different in the hand. The nipple in the cup is more pronounced… and they play similar but I feel like the pay it forward one has a little more…idk?.. personality. Kind of hard to explain.

1 Like

I agree… maybe a little more floaty on the the PIF?

2 Likes

Yeah I could agree with that!

@Shwa and @Theycallmecotton

Topyo actually changed the design of the Silenus a bit quite a while back, I can’t remember exactly when, but the name of the yoyo was actually changed to Neo Silenus on Chinese retailers. All the western retailers don’t reflect the change though. I assume that the ones that you have bought were this new Neo Silenus instead of the old Silenus, which explains why they feel a little different.

4 Likes

Do you know what all the changes were

1 Like

Honestly, the differences were extremely slight. From what I’ve gathered, the changes happened last year and only the weight decreased by 0.2 grams. I guess that’s why there’s no documentation of the changes. The shape, diameter and width did not change at all. The only obvious difference was slightly different cuts within the part of the yoyo going down to the bearing. I’m guessing most of the changes happened to the weight distribution which wouldn’t be obvious just looking at the yoyo.

5 Likes

Makes sense. Feels like it plays a bit lighter for sure

3 Likes

Thanks @Hanker that does explain it.

Not having both side by side my impression was that the OG was lighter. Feeling anyway sort of floaty’r.

Either way it’s a super piece.

3 Likes

Well, my month with the Silenus is nearly up so it’s time to send it along to the next lucky player!

Here are the rules so you don’t have to scroll up the thread:

I’ll send the Silenus to the next person to post “I’ll take it” here in this thread! (DMs don’t count, it’s gotta be posted in the thread to keep everything fair.) Contiguous 48 U.S. states only please.

HOWEVER, by accepting the yoyo, you are only allowed to keep it for about a month and then will be responsible for posting a post similar to this one, in this thread, and also for shipping the Silenus on to it’s next destination.

So let’s get the next stage of the Silenus’s travel rolling! An eternal curse on the player who breaks the chain!

Cotton

7 Likes

Can I steal it back for a second round? LOL

This is still here!?

3 Likes

Now’s your chance to bring it home, I can’t believe nobody’s jumped on this yet!

Ivan

3 Likes

I’ll take it!
I’ve got two and thought they were slightly different. Lower case font and a flat bearing on one I got on the bst made me wonder, so I weighed a half of each and there was a 0.08 gram difference, so I would be interested to see if this pay-it-forward one is different from those.

6 Likes