Pay it Forward Panorama + Fat Tire

It’s been over 3 weeks and what a great opportunity this has been. Both of these yoyo designs are out of my normal preference. To be honest the panorama was my first slimline throw and I was frustrated. But after getting used it’s feel and understanding to go slow and precise my frustration grew into an appreciation.

Now it time to pass these great throws again.

Here are the rules again:
The first person to post “I’ll take it” here in this thread (DMs don’t count) will receive these two excellent yoyos in the mail! (Contiguous US states only please.)
BUT here’s the catch: In one month (give or take a few days) you must create a post in this thread, similar to this one, offering the yoyos up to the next person to say “I’ll take it”. You will then be responsible for shipping the yoyos safely off to that person.

Also, in light of the recent debacle with our pay it forward Inception, I am going to ask that you have at least one piece of positive feedback from a sale or trade that you have made on this forum - OR - that you have at least a year of membership under your belt prior to requesting the yoyos. It’s not a perfect solution, but hopefully this will help weed out any opportunists who don’t have a concept of honor.

I’m continuing the a travel record on an index card so we can keep track of where these two have visited. Also I’m tossing in a couple of 3D printed yoyo stands to go along with their journey.

4 Likes

I’ll take it

1 Like

I’ll take it !!

Damn, Kurt beat me

1 Like

I’ll get in line!

Unfortunately there’s not a line for this one, the package is just given to the first person to post “I’ll take it/them” after the current interim owner makes their post about sending the yoyos on.

I think you can turn on notifications for specific threads in discourse so you have a better shot at it, though!

1 Like

Thanks for this experience. I was impressed by the feel of one drop yoyo as they feel real solid in the hand.

The bearings were cleaned with acetone and lubed. Now the bearings are quieter and smoother.

The yo-yos were shipped this morning to their next stop.

Thanks again all!

3 Likes

Package received! Excited to take these bad boys home and test them out! Played with them at work for a little bit. Initial thoughts are:

Panorama: a beautiful throw, but seems a little sluggish to my play style. More of a “stop and smell the roses” type of vibe, if ya get what I mean. Really makes you enjoy the tricks you’re doing and keep it chill. Wouldn’t mind having one but I’d pick up a different throw if I was on my way out the door.

Fat Tire: This is the one I was more excited to try. I’d say this one goes my with my play style more out of the two. I’d say it’s a little awkward on the catch side just cuz of the shape. But for the tricks in my bag it had no issues landing first try. Whatever trick you got, it just rolls with it. Pun intended.

Side note: really cool to see all the extra goodies that came with it. Now I feel like I must contribute someway too. Overall great experience so far.

4 Likes

Ok guys it’s time! I’ve probably played with these for a total of… 10 minutes combined :sweat_smile: mostly because I didn’t want to chance singing these pristine beauts. They have lived on my desk in the box they came shipped in. Time to continue the journey, glad I could be apart of it!

“Now it time to pass these great throws again.

Here are the rules again:
The first person to post “I’ll take it” here in this thread (DMs don’t count) will receive these two excellent yoyos in the mail! (Contiguous US states only please.)
BUT here’s the catch: In one month (give or take a few days) you must create a post in this thread, similar to this one, offering the yoyos up to the next person to say “I’ll take it”. You will then be responsible for shipping the yoyos safely off to that person.

Also, in light of the recent debacle with our pay it forward Inception, I am going to ask that you have at least one piece of positive feedback from a sale or trade that you have made on this forum - OR - that you have at least a year of membership under your belt prior to requesting the yoyos. It’s not a perfect solution, but hopefully this will help weed out any opportunists who don’t have a concept of honor.”

3 Likes

I’ll take it!

2 Likes

Hey guys, just checking in. Have the yoyos been shipped yet @Odd ?

3 Likes

Yep! On the way to tiger

2 Likes

Any word, @tigercasual ?

1 Like

Just to make it clear they were sent out. Here is the receipt with tracking

1 Like

Thanks for posting that. I’m cautiously hopeful that he just doesn’t visit the forum often…

1 Like

I visit too often😅

Hey guys, sorry for the late post, I’ve been offline for the last week.

That being said, I received the yoyos…

These are excellent yoyos. I’m going to go ahead and say it… I need both.

While the Fat Tire fits my playing better, I think that the Panorama is a must for any collection- it has a unique feel and zips along the string, this thing is a real dynamo. After playing the Panorama, I really want to play the Diorama.

As for the Fat Tire, it also has a unique feel. Strong, powerful and dynamic, but surprisingly agile when you get a feel for it.

I really want to thank Deadboots, I really appreciate the opportunity. Great yoyos!

Who’s next?

4 Likes

I’m glad you’re enjoying them! @Siggy-06 was kind enough to throw that Fat Tire into the package for everyone.

When you’re ready to pass them along, please make sure you read and repost the OP so the next recipient understands their responsibility. Thanks!

2 Likes

No interest? If we don’t see anyone take them in the next couple days, I may ask that you ship them back to me. @Siggy-06 I will send your Fat Tire back if this ends up being the case.

1 Like

Ohh I’m wrapping up my current pay it forward I was expecting to see the standard next person post but I’ll take it if it’s still going.

2 Likes