Pay It Forward Inception

That was my first thought when it arrived as well.

4 Likes

There is just something so magical about the way the inception plays. For me it was love at first throw. So happy to hear you are enjoying it

3 Likes

Decisions where made and actions where taken, this yoyo is great and a solid perfomer in every way.

9 Likes

Iā€™m ready to pass it on. Here the rulesā€¦

By accepting this, you are taking responsibility to pay shipping to the next person.

Lets see how long we can keep it going!
Simply be the first to say in this thread ā€œill take itā€
I will pm you to get the addy.

Once you receive it please take a photo or video and post in this thread.

I will include a card for everyone that receives it to sign.

A pox on the one who breaks the chain!!!

4 Likes

Been wanting to try this one! Iā€™ll take it.

5 Likes

Trick dump of stuff Iā€™ve been working on lately with the Inception.

I think Iā€™ve finally gotten a pretty good idea of how I feel about it. Itā€™s a weird yoyo. The weight distribution feels incredibly balanced, it feels gentle on the string but isnā€™t lacking in power, despite not really being able to feel it. It feels like a very balanced monometal but with the power boost that comes from being a bimetal. The closest thing Iā€™ve got to compare it to is that it feels like a more balanced Surveillance. Iā€™d imagine that the Inception feels a lot closer to the Vigilancia, where the Surveillance plays with more pronounced rimweight. Iā€™m mixed on it, I think itā€™s a nice yoyo for sure, but generally I prefer very power-forward throws. This might sounds a little bit silly but I think if the ti rims were just made out of steel Iā€™d love the inception. If it felt closer to 76-78g Turning Points with massive steel rims. Thatā€™s just my personal preference though, I think this yoyo shines for people who donā€™t normally like that super powerful bimetal feeling, the Inception has all of the performance of good bimetals without the heavier feeling they can come with. One complaint I do have with the Inception that I also think is more of a personal bias, but the rims are really sticky. In the arm trick on the third slide of my insta post, I didnā€™t feel like trying it for longer to get a cleaner take. I was getting a little bit annoyed with the Inception and just wanted to use a different yoyo because I kept barely bumping the yoyo with my finger and killing the yoyo. The moment the Inception makes any contact with your body it instantly brings the yoyo to a halt. Thatā€™s just kind of the nature of having gigantic rims that arenā€™t blasted though. I have this complaint with every outer ring bimetal that doesnā€™t have blasted rims. If I can say something very positive about the Inception for a moment, the bearing post on this proto is absolutely perfect. That might sound like a minor detail, but Iā€™ve paid a ton of money for boutique/high end yoyos before that have had death grip bearing seats that made me struggle to find a bearing that fit well so I wouldnā€™t damage the yoyo from just regular maintenance. The bearing fit on the Inception is perfect, it just lifts right up with your fingers with basically no resistance, yet the fit is perfect enough that the yoyo is completely smooth while playing. I felt like this was worth noting because in my experience itā€™s very rare nowadays to see bearing posts this good.

Overall I think itā€™s just not a yoyo for me, that being said I think this is a yoyo that a lot of people who donā€™t normally enjoy playing bimetals would love. Seeing the consensus from other people kind of echos this to me. Massive thanks again to @Theycallmecotton and @FewandFarBetween for organizing this thread.

11 Likes

Thank you so much for your input! We are always looking to improve our future yoyos. Maybe we will do steel rims one day and have them blasted! Glad you still gave it a try and enjoyed some of it! Also loved the vids!

4 Likes

Iā€™m really looking forward to seeing what you guys put out in the future. If you made an Inception with steel rims Iā€™d actually be so excited about that, but that would probably be the peak of ā€œthis yoyo is absolutely an acquired tasteā€ lol. The Inception definitely got the little details right. I really canā€™t stress how much I appreciate the bearing post fit, nothing is more frustrating than getting a 100-200 dollar yoyo and feeling like youā€™re going to strip it the first time you unscrew it, and then youā€™ve got to either find a looser fitting bearing or manually sand down the post if you want to feel like you can comfortably perform regular maintenance on it.

Iā€™ll be playing this for a few more days before sending it off to somebody else to enjoy! If youā€™ve been wanting to try this, be on the lookout for this thread this weekend :eyes:

10 Likes

Itā€™s the weekend so my time with the Inception is up, Iā€™ve had a lot of fun with it over the past two weeks. So hereā€™s your chance to try a sweet yoyo for just the price of shipping it to the next person once your time is up!

Hereā€™s that catch. In 2 weeks (give or take a few days) you must copy this post and send it on to someone else.

By accepting this, you are taking responsibility to pay shipping to the next person.

Letā€™s see how long we can keep it going!
Simply be the first to say in this thread ā€œIā€™ll take itā€
I will PM you to get your address.

Break the chain and karma might just break your legs :flushed:

7 Likes

Iā€™ll take it.

6 Likes

Pretty quietā€¦

3 Likes

I think itā€™s only been 16 days since the last person claimed itā€¦ with shipping id assume they still have a few days for the 2 week limit.

6 Likes

Yes. You guys are correct. I have been quiet and my actual two weeks is up tomorrow i believe. Ill be posting soon for the next person to get it. Awesome yoyo. Iā€™m happy I was able to try it out.

6 Likes

Yep just checked. Received the yoyo on 4-20.

5 Likes

dont forget to post a photo or video

5 Likes

5 Likes

my time with the Inception is up, Iā€™ve had a lot of fun with it over the past two weeks. So hereā€™s your chance to try a sweet yoyo for just the price of shipping it to the next person once your time is up!

Hereā€™s that catch. In 2 weeks (give or take a few days) you must copy this post and send it on to someone else.

Letā€™s see how long we can keep it going!
Simply be the first to say in this thread ā€œIā€™ll take itā€
I will PM you to get your address.

Break the chain and karma might just break your legs.

6 Likes

Iā€™ll take it

6 Likes

Send me your address through PM and Iā€™ll get it shipped off to you.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.