Pay It Forward Inception

I’m interested to give this Whirl in Europe please.

1 Like

The inception is here! I’ve never owned a bi-metal and my last 9/10 yo-yos have been organic so this pay it forward idea was perfect for me! Some awesome string was included that’s going to make it tough to decide which to use. I’ll tell you my thoughts after throwing it around more.

13 Likes

Here’s some of my rough 1A on the Inception. I didn’t have time to land all the things perfectly, so there are def some wobbles.

Here’s some front style. I just started getting a feel for Boingy Boing recently, so I wanted to show it off. I should really work on some of those transitions…

15 Likes

These things happen. So long as young un is ok all is well

Im having it sent to Australia and am paying both ways. I figure its only fair if i want to be part of it but live far away

Looks so cool. Love the colourway

2 Likes

I hope im still on the original list. I have said all along im happy to pay shipping both to me and back again. I am on original list

1 Like

Nice. Really slick

1 Like

Nice work!

1 Like

Just putting this here so we can find the list easier lol. Looking forward to my turn with this great throw! Getting close!

3 Likes

You guys can take my name off the list. i no longer need to try the inception as i am the proud owner of an Unknown Edition Inception.

Incredible throw.

Enjoy the throw my friends
kgb

16 Likes

So lucky :purple_heart:

3 Likes

Its sad to see that one person caused a closed loop of only certain people to try the yoyo. Thats kinda the risk behind pay it forward. And preventing someone from trying to be a part of the community and engaging in the whole chain just because they are new seems kinda wack. Hope it opens up for others less known in “the community” to poke their heads out and be apart of the fun instead of just lurking.
Is there a solution?

6 Likes

I agree. I’m honestly willing to still take risks with mine :purple_heart:

2 Likes

I agree, it is sad. I was lucky enough to be included on the list for the silver and gold one. It’s a special throw to be sure.

I also can’t fault the sponsors for wanting to take extra precautions for the time being.

Yes, you are admittedly taking a risk when you sponsor a Pay It Forward thread. Dings, lost guts, etc. seem to be expected. Theft—or “I swear I didn’t steal it, I just disappeared with it for four months,” appears to be exceedingly rare.

I’ve only been active here for six or seven months, and I have to say: this is a remarkable community. For how small it is, it’s incredibly open, welcoming and supportive of new members.

Everyone knows everyone, or at the very least, that’s how it feels to me. So the idea of someone absconding with your $150 throw could, conceivably, not even cross your mind.

That idea not occurring to someone, or being so far in the back of their mind that it barely gets a moments consideration, I feel, is forgivable here. That kind of thing appearing to be very rare, and leaving a lasting stain on a community that prides itself on integrity and over all awesomeness.

I also think that makes the sting of such a thing happening so much worse. Because this is a fantastic community, where everyone I’ve spoken to, with the exception of the guy who swears he didn’t steal it and one troll, has been totally awesome.

It’s a shame that, for the time being, newer members are unable to participate in some ways, or in some threads, due to the actions of one guy.

I completely agree. I also agree with those sponsors wanting some extra security and assurance that it won’t happen again.

Just give it some time. In the mean time, this is a pretty awesome place to hang out :grin:.

8 Likes

As soon as the list comes to the end (last person)
@craZivn has his turn…… we can go back to the first person to say” I’ll take it!” And get back to its roots here

4 Likes

Here’s another vid of me working on my finger grind (and missing the bind :joy:)

6 Likes

I’m glad you stepped up and said something. As someone with no feedback thread I didn’t want to say anything. I felt like my chances of being able to partake in a pay it forward were dwindling away.

4 Likes

Looking great

1 Like

My time with the Zombie is just about over. Am I sending it on to @DawgYo next?

5 Likes