Parallel by Motion - Taking Smaller YoYos to a new Level!

Parallel_Feature
The Parallel by Motion was envisioned shortly after the prototyping of Perpetual Conceived in the aftermath of prototyping Perpetual, Motion’s journey began with the formation of a proto team.

Collaborating with Patrick Dressel on the design of their first yo-yo, Perpetual, the team was impressed with the result.

However, Hunter, a team member, envisioned a mini yo-yo with a D bearing. Keeping this idea in mind and with multiple designs later, Motion, led by the collaboration of David Bieber and the original promise to Hunter, brings forth Parallel—a mini version of Perpetual, completing the evolutionary trio alongside Perpetual and Linear.

Purple-Silver-Ring-Parallel Purple-Silver-Ring-Parallel-02 Purple-Silver-Ring-Parallel-03

Despite its compact size, the yo-yo’s performance defies preconceived notions, offering a surprising combination of portability and competitive capability. Pushing the limits of design, it achieves a full-sized yo-yo feel on the string, delivering power from the rims, fast RPMs with the D bearing, and the familiar stability found in Motion’s yo-yos, making it a remarkable “mini-me” version of their first yo-yo for a delightful experience.

This is Motion

25 Likes

If anyone has any questions feel free to ask :slight_smile:

4 Likes

One of the best yoyos released this year. It’s wicked, intense and a beast, I love it :hugs: accelerates quickly to speed and maintains it. Stable, controllable and rejections are fantastic.
@JEA86

8 Likes

can absolutely confirm this yoyo is gas, for undersized d bearing yoyos this and the dreamland are by far the two winners.

9 Likes

Really enjoyed this one when I tried it at Yoyo club!

9 Likes

I don’t have great skills and don’t own a ton of yoyo’s at this point, so my opinion might not be worth much. But I have to say that the Parallel feels amazing to me and is a ton of fun to play. It’s not what I expected based on the specs. It really doesn’t feel undersized to me until it returns to my hand, at which point it feels so nice and comfy to catch. It does everything as well or better than the average sized yoyo’s that I’ve played, but with added smile factor. I’m really glad that I grabbed it, and never want to be without one going forward. Seriously considering a second one as an insurance policy.

3 Likes

I have one on-order. I am amped to get it.

2 Likes

Thanks for picking one up @YoyoGeezer

We may disagree with the relative-greatness of the company name; but there is no denying the quality of the yo-yo’s you are making. Keep them coming and I will keep buying :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just ordered my hibiscus :hibiscus: parallel. Can’t wait to get it in!!

3 Likes

Looks super good @JEA86 .

3 Likes

Parallel was one of the most surprising and fun throws I have purchased this year. I don’t understand how something so small, can feel so substantial and stable. This thing is all rims and it shows in how it plays (incredible). Kudos to the fellas over at motion, they hit it out of the park again. These guys can’t get it wrong! Also do not sleep on the fire and ice colorway. It is so incredible in person, the fade is almost imperceptible which causes a color shift that boggles the mind. Get one while you still can!!!

2 Likes

If you are in the fence about this pick it up. I got one at the Fl Yoyo contest and it’s in the running for my all time top ten.

3 Likes

Good to hear as I have a Toxicity heading my way. I’ve been throwing my Haymaker OG a lot lately, then these popped up. Didn’t need another throw, but the fun factor of the OG combined with the fantastic manufacturing of my Linear, it was too hard to pass up.

3 Likes

Thank you all for picking one up much appreciated - we feel like we knocked it out of the park on this release and really brought some value to undersized yo-yos. Reading the comments seems like a few folks would agree :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It’s a phenomenal throw. Literally a pleasure to own one!!

3 Likes

One of the best things about this yo-yo is not having to say that it has great performance “for a small yo-yo”. This thing has great performance; period.

Really fun; fast, stable and spins like a Dervish.

7 Likes

My dudes…you want this one.This is a seriously impressive yoyo. Not even for “a smaller yoyo” it’s just good…period.

5 Likes

Some Parallel lovin :heart: - D-Bearing yoyos are underated, this yo-yo is DIFFERENT!!! - Very fun and nimble! - Favorite D bearing right now!

Slacks and whips were made possible by YoYoStringLab: Ka-Pow!

11 Likes

Parallel is probably the most enjoyable yoyo I’ve have ever owned. I put it on the same level as my Sasquatch in terms of pure fun but with the performance of a full sized bimetal, it really is something else. I’m still amazed by how accepting it is of multiple string layers but still snaps back exactly when I want it on a bind. I feel a little bad for the rest of my collection recently because I just can’t put it down.

8 Likes