Pancakes vs. Waffles

You get the crown if you eat out😂

4 Likes

IHOP was IHOB for a minute though :thinking:

3 Likes

That was for burgers not breakfast. Pancake people just don’t get how to run a breakfast place.

3 Likes

The answer is waffles. Anyone that votes pancakes over waffles must have never eaten waffles…

12 Likes

Best to worst:
French Toast, Waffles, then Pancakes,

6 Likes

Sounds good to me!

2 Likes
4 Likes

How about crepes? Crepes cooked in bacon grease, with strips of bacon in it, topped with a little salt and maple syrup. Yum.

5 Likes

Waffles, with a nice fried Duck egg, crispy leg confit, and mustard maple syrup.
Try doing this with pancakes :grin:

7 Likes

This is what I’ve been saying. Pancakes literally can’t hold up.

2 Likes

That sounds amazing where can I get that?

2 Likes

Well that photo is taken from a place in London called
wait for it…
wait …
wait…

Duck & Waffles,

Wife and I have been two-three times and it’s been fantastic, naturally, that is their signature dish, but everything they have is great.

Although we tried replicating the exact same thing at home, and it came out almost identical, I reckon you could try it yourself. Assuming there isn’t a D&W outside of London, there may be, I’m not sure.

4 Likes

I will put this on my map for sure on my next London trip.

2 Likes

hello bickford’s?

8 Likes

I prefer waffles because they stand up better to added pecans and blue berries. I make them in large batches and freeze them. They reheat really well in a toaster oven, and I only have to clean the waffle iron once a month. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

No, no, no!
I hadn’t lived until I made these the first time.

Crumpets!

11 Likes

I heard of crumpets but never actually saw one until now. 2020 was not so bad after all!

3 Likes

Crumpets seem sus…

2 Likes

my first time too… frickin whirlwind

3 Likes

If that’s too much trouble, you might be able to find them at a specialty grocery like Trader Joe’s in the US. But I’ve got to say making them is so satisfying. Also, they freeze and toast back to life so well, that after getting the hang of it, I started making a double batch. Lol

4 Likes