Pancakes vs. Waffles

I know that words can be misinterpreted through text and I don’t want to start anything but I feel someone should bring it up. This is not an attack on anyone in particular or their beliefs but pancakes are trash and waffles are far superior as breakfast foods. it has its own syrup pockets what more could you ask for!? Pancakes don’t deserve their own house. Can’t change my mind.

15 Likes

Can’t we all just make love with each other and not war?

…wait. I think that came out wrong.

I believe in a future where Waffle AND Pancake can be served on the same plate and enjoyed by all!!

WHO’S WITH ME!

LET’S MAKE LOVE PEOPLE!!!

17 Likes

Waffles are too heavy. I will take pancakes any day.

5 Likes

I see your point but I must say. That picture is disturbing. Mixing a floppy hot batter blob with a crispy crater square like that. I’m all for spreading love but not pancake love.

9 Likes

the real
issue is going to be, none of y’all are using REAL vermont maple syrup… or new hampshire

corn syrup swallowers

9 Likes

I’m wouldn’t look down on a person for corn syrup as long as its a waffle.

5 Likes

They are totally different breakfast (or considered breakfast foods) foods. Waffles are more of a light-hearted, fun, breakfast food while pancakes are more serious, hearty, and filling and what you want to eat before shoveling snow. This is my opinion; if you don’t like it you can lube your bearings with it!

5 Likes

I see your valid points and thank you for the bearing lube! Just eat less waffle. Problem solved.

4 Likes

it’s gonna be a new day in here in a minute…

4 Likes

Let’s not even get into the debate on Belgian waffles or Liege Wafels (because we all know there is no debate that Liege Wafels are superior).

Also, I’m no maple syrup snob, as long as my maple syrup is 100% from a maple tree and has nothing from a corn plant :wink:

7 Likes

When my grandparents had a trailer on vacation property in the Poconos my grandmother usually gave us Karo corn syrup for our pancakes and it was goo-oo-ood!

3 Likes

I have no context but I can only assume those kind men are about to beat up those plates of soggy discs to save people from eating them.

4 Likes

…French Toast enters the arena…

14 Likes

Thats just cooked bread.

5 Likes

Blasphemy.
This looks amazing.

3 Likes

It is hard to say what I like better; a waffle, perfectly crispy and caramelized on the outside, buttered, and coated with maple syrup Vermont style. Or a pancake, perfectly crafted to be fluffy but dense, buttered, and coated with maple syrup. At their peak, both are a work or art, and I might take a waffle at it’s best over a pancake, but most of the time pancakes would probably win. Mediocore waffles taste like crap. Mediocre pancakes can be enhanced with enough butter and syrup to be decent. And id say mediocre is the most frequent type of each you will get, so most often id go for the pancake.

tl;dr - waffle probably best at its best, but pancake usually better.

5 Likes

Pancakes are good for 2 seconds before they absorb the syrup and turn into mush. The only way they are better for longer is if the trashcan is far away. Thank you for coming to my TED talk.

4 Likes

Pancakes.

3 Likes

But you are talking about bad pancakes. Good pancakes will stay delicious even after you add butter and syrup, or can be of a more gritty nature and be infused with honey-butter. Bad waffles are just an Ego nightmare.

4 Likes

I’m gonna guess thats a ratatouille reference and say I never once saw remy make a crepe. Based on this he prefers waffles and therefore ego does also.

2 Likes