Palpitation ES & Mustang Grade 5 by Turning Point! - Available Saturday 02/03/24 - 8pm ET!

PalpitationES_Feature

Introducing the Palpitation ES, featuring a fresh design for enhanced stability. This upgraded model draws inspiration from Takeshi Matsuura’s original Palpitation.

Palpitation, launched eight years ago. While retaining its familiar weight and size, subtle modifications to the side face and shape result in a yoyo with an even more potent spin.
Despite its 42mm width, which may be considered narrow in the context of contemporary string tricks, the yoyo achieves exceptional stability through a well-balanced combination of shape and size adjustments.

Orange-Palpitation-ES Orange-Palpitation-ES-02 Orange-Palpitation-ES-03

The inner rim’s core feel has been refined, allowing the yoyo to spin with clarity and dominance. This bimetal design places the performance at the forefront among similar models.

Users familiar with the original version will notice the profound impact of the shape adjustments, amplifying the yoyo’s effectiveness with each use. The bimetal construction not only maintains power but elevates it beyond the capabilities of its original size during tricks.

Raw-MUSTANG-GRADE5-Feature

Takeshi Matsuura’s new Mustang Grade 5 is a fusion of the Bi-Metal Colony and St. Elmo designs in titanium. Compared to the ES version, it has a slightly smaller gap and lighter feel. The smaller gap design may benefit those seeking sharper binds at the end of longer combos.

Raw-MUSTANG-GRADE5 Raw-MUSTANG-GRADE5-2 Raw-MUSTANG-GRADE5-3

This particular version of the Mustang features grade 5 titanium material, which has allowed for some small but powerful design improvements, such as changes to the center, and an evolution towards a high-performance model. This is one of Turning Point’s most sought after models for its combination of high performance, durability, and premium feel. Maximum of one per person.

13 Likes

When will these be up? 5:03 and all I see is a countdown that says zero…

2 Likes

Keep refreshing… should load

Saw 2 Mustang had it in my cart but it was gone when I checked out. Picked up the Palpitation ES in gunmetal though!

4 Likes

I finally got a page that said two were left. I refreshed again and they were gone. I realize people are using checkout software - but if I am constantly refreshing for over three minutes it makes me wonder how those that secured one were able to get a view before me?

The countdown goes to zero and nothing… Why would the page not automatically re-load at the end of the countdown? Why would it take over three minutes to even get a view with products and the ability to add to the cart? I write web-apps and this is just not possible unless the server is not serving requests the same for all.

The field does not appear to be level or even.

1 Like

I believe the website architecture is probably old. I saw only 2 as well. I got one, definitely not using any software.

2 Likes

That just creates more questions. How could you possibly see a view with products, add to cart and fill-in your payment information before I even see products? I think I can see where the three minutes went while I could not even get a page with products.

I live near a large Internet highway used by all the major internet providers (Columbia gorge). That I was so disadvantaged is curious.

1 Like

I know these two friends who snagged it. No, and they didn’t use bots, they’re just 2 people who love TP yoyos with the F5 key working perfectly rofl :smiley:

2 Likes

I guess Andre probably had to manually make it available from the backend. It had happened before, sometimes it had to be rescheduled to another day due to the long delay.

I was actually just curious to see how fast they would go. I already own one of these Mustang Grade 5.

Now I am just suspicious. If this is what happens to others then YYE needs to look into why this is going on. How is someone loading and seeing products significantly before others? That is simply not fair. It defeats the idea of a “countdown” that is supposedly fair to all.

This is not the first time that the YYE countdown has gone to zero with nothing happening. Why would the server not hit zero and re-direct the page to one with products available? That would get everyone a view at the same time (cache the initial view). At least everyone would have the same opportunity to get a product and checkout with an even playing field.

EDIT: Upon consideration;I believe YYE needs to look into the refreshing of cloud-provider geographic-caches on their system. I would wonder where all these were sold? Are they in your same geographical area? My experience implies that I was seeing a cached-image for three minutes while others were seeing the new updated page from their servers. All cloud geographic caches should be synced at the time of countdown.

When I worked for ebay; we spent much engineering effort to ensure effective update of the cloud shards efficiently across regions. We actually had specify deployment times so that Germany would see the same thing as France; at the same moment. This was a big deal for merchants who wanted to avoid buyers arbitraging due to servers not updating. I saw the same issue at Nike stores in China.

1 Like

I was there on time with the refresh and it was just a hung clock timer, few minutes went by with just a frozen clock. But if there were only 2 , the supply doesn’t meet the demand, and that is the real issue. They were also sold out in Japan before they even dropped last month. Have to wait another year I guess, at least I save $470 on the bright side.

2 Likes

Sorry. In this instance it was combination of possibly a weird internet issue on my own end (we do have to manually control the timer shutting off and I am going to look into something more automated but part of it is the way we have created that to allow the page to be active and switch over with the nice countdown feature - we have tried other things in the past but I have an idea to possibly do it differently to avoid internet issues causing a problem in the future). But yeah - in this instance I had the button and thought it was all set - but we were actually at our own yoyo club here at A2Z Science and someone was trying to buy one of the yoyo and had told me they were having a problem right away - and it just didn’t save the ‘switch’ over it seemed so it took another minute to load it up and get the page properly updated for a 2nd time over.

But then - the 2nd half is with the caching as mentioned - as even when we make the ‘switch’ to add to cart button live… It is slightly different. I haven’t really found it to be drastically different for people most of the time - but there are unusual situations when they do take longer than I would expect after clicking (usually not longer than a minute though but this one did seem to take longer hence my note to keep refreshing).

But yeah - ultimately the Mustang is just in high demand too which makes it tough!

But the feedback is appreciated and I’m always working on making things better!

5 Likes

This is a fact and yoyoexpert, to be quite honest, fails a lot in drops.

well, I work with the “assumption” rule, at least for now, since yoyo is a hobby/sport that is still not very widespread;

If 160 people liked the drop post on Instagram, let’s see that 1/6 of these people are really interested in buying (and have the money to do so): Soon we would have around 26~27 people waiting for the 3~4 units of yoyos at the time it was tagged, apart from the people who would try to catch it and who didn’t like or interact with the Instagram post. The time of 10~15 seconds, in THEORY, would be more than necessary to complete the purchase as quickly as possible.

The mistake is to drop so few yoyos, on a site with such a large scope.

1 Like

Dratted Turning Point; Mustangs for all!
che guevara from en.wikipedia.org

2 Likes

I have shop pay and my info saved in YYE and when something release I probably have it bought literally within 15-20 seconds

4 Likes

Mustang cheap edition HAHA o/