Painting - Going to be getting into it :)

I’m going to be learning the tricks of the trade at painting throws :slight_smile: Which means all custom colorways (And a few projects here and there… coughInfin8ty paintedcough. ) Of course, any projects would be in '11, which I might be able to get an airbrush before Jan. :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

So, be on the lookout.

Oh, and, discuss Yoyo painting :stuck_out_tongue:

i think that your putting wayyyy too much on your already toppling plate young one

1 Like

I don’t think you realize how much time on my hands I have, do you? xD

I get a job next year. Enough to get a first run of whichever design I choose (or community chooses. Dunno yet).

I’ve got high hopes, but, think about it like this:

These are my current options:
•Sit at home after football.
•Yoyo.
•Invest in Yoyos and try to paint them

I won’t just dive straight into painting. I’m learning about it. Every aspect, down to the first coat and then more. It’s the same way that I’m learning what to do when designing yoyos. I’ve thought about my most recent more than any - 1 week of straight hand-drawing, and 1 week of Photoshop design.

I’m serious about this. It’s something I want to do.

ok I will give you your first bit of advice

stay away from waterbased airbrush paints, there garbage.

get a good respirator you will need it for paints that will stick to a yoyo, no ifs ands or buts about this you need it if you want to live.

Prepare to spends 100’s of dollars on building up paints. Some of the paints I use are $100 a ounce, and a ounce doesnt go far.

It all comes down to prep work

Have a clean dust free booth set up or you WILL get crap in the paint its inevitable.

Have fun, its not a cheap hobby, coming from a painter with about 12 yrs experience its EXPENSIVE!

Thanks for the tips :slight_smile:

This looks intersting maybe i will look into it

Hey Ibenezcollector, Are you using lacquers ? and where do get the paints. auto body paint shops?
Do you use one coat for transparancy? then swirl or splash affect with a swirling brush dipped in a color?
I have done automotive paint . Dust can be a problem…