Pads Falling Off During Play?

So I have this performance on Saturday but my pads won’t arrive until Sunday. I’ve had my pads used for about a month now but it’s not slipping or anything. Has anyone experienced this scenario?

2 Likes

If the pads are worn out, and you’re in a pinch, siliconing them is always an option - albeit not everyone likes doing that.

If they’re not worn out and falling off it sounds like an adhesion problem. You could try and add some adhesive to help. Also could be a little messy. However, most glues (like superglue) will come off with acetone if you go with that option, and want to replace the pads on Sunday when you get your new ones.

4 Likes

I would say if silicone response stickers aren’t adhering maybe clean the wells with some isopropyl alcohol or acetone then re-apply stickers. Not sure how to “re-adhere” stickers that have previously come unstuck though :thinking:

2 Likes

My wedge within like a week had both pads fall out. And i didn’t even really play with it that much. Not sure what happened maybe humidity cuz i mostly throw outside? But after i put new pads in they’ve been fine

1 Like