Packaging Idea

i would make sure not to get any in the bearing/response pads/bearing seat

3 Likes

Should be easy for a fixed axle.

5 Likes

Glen you gonna pursue this idea?

Yea I am.

I’m replacing the bags I use with boxes instead and the padding inside will be shavings.

I just ordered to boxes tonight.

3 Likes

Nothing that a little hoovering wouldn’t clear up in a jiffy anyway.

3 Likes

Love it or hate it, this is how Spinworthys will be packaged for now.

11 Likes

Pfft, packaging. As long as I get my yoyo I don’t care if it comes wrapped in old grocery bags and stuffed into a shipping box. Those boxes are a nice touch though.

Are my Spinworthy burlaps now collectible? :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

I feel the same about packaging. I’m only changing it because some said my bags are crap.

1 Like

To each there own. I kinda dig the bags, but the box does look real nice.

2 Likes

I don’t love the box, and I’m kinda worried they could be knocked back at US customs on account of the shavings. We’ll see I guess.

1 Like

some are a little to bothered with the extras. The throw is the true goal. Burlap sack and a sticker satisfied me enough. Its not like I can do yoyo tricks with any of the extras anyway.

2 Likes

I needed people to tell me these things before I went ahead and bought boxes. Lol

Serves me right for listening to @fatguysnacks247’s opinion.

2 Likes

The box looks super classy though…

I really feel the point about the shavings maybe being a customs issue. But you imported the spectraply from the US right? Does that make any difference when shipping back out?

1 Like

Much of what I use would be US imports, including the Spctraply.

I think I may have to drop the shavings idea just in case.

Plus, some shavings are outright poisonous like wenge.

1 Like

The box looks good. I like it better than the burlap sack. I rarely keep packaging unless it’s something I can actually reuse, or if it’s stackable and sturdy so I can leave it on a shelf and put things on it.

You could always use krinkle cut brown paper to fit in with that look while not being as messy or as heavy as wood shavings/chips.

1 Like

I prefer cardboard or plastic boxes and canisters to all other forms of packaging I’ve received. I store my yoyos in large plastic bins, and these forms of packaging do a good job of protecting my throws from each other when I’m moving the bins around.

Hmm I always liked the burlap sacks

1 Like

Me too!

1 Like

Same here, it was part of your brand aesthetic and it was unique. Most “Boutique” Yo-Yos these days come in those recycled boxes. When I dig through my crates I have to rely on the stickers and stamps to identify what I’m looking for. My Yo-Yos in the bags typically go in the collectors cabinet and most bags are black velvet, so the burlaps stand out.

2 Likes

I don’t care what packaging that blue & purple button comes in…that’s the coolest looking yo-yo I’ve seen in awhile and I want one.

You’ll never find a packaging solution that every single person will like. The presentation in the photo above with the box looks quite nice. Some people will still miss the bags of course. Look at it this way…if people end up missing the bags then you can always switch back after your box supply runs out and then these will be more collectible, later known as “box era” Spinworthy yo-yos.

3 Likes