Outlier plus, vs edge 4.0 vs shutter elite vs seji

Hey guys, Im looking for the best overall competition yoyo, that’s also jot going to be outdated or replaced by a new model any time soon.

3 Likes

I would recommend the shutter elite or the outlier+. However, they are pretty much the same so it is up to you to decide which one.

1 Like

Cool, was thinking of those but how are they the same? The outlier plus rig a rap fully around the rn but the elite doesn’t.

1 Like

There is nothing wrong with the first part of your post. Wanting to know who might think one of those four yo-yos comes out on top.

Or maybe the choice between even 6 or 8 yo-yos if you would have had a longer list.

But, there may be very few people that have tried/and or/own all 4 yo-yos you want to compare.

I quoted the second part of your text simply because, unless somebody on this Forum has some kinda Crystal Ball, that knows the future, there is absolutely zero chance of anybody indicating to you which yo-yo may become outdated or replaced any time soon?

Anybody/everybody might/can step up and throw a guess at that one.

But ‘nobody’ can accurately predict how long each of the yo-yos you want to compare, can/or/will remain relevant for the near future.

Simply not possible, unless guessing by the seat of your pants is an acceptable option.

Sorry…

2 Likes

Shutter Elite. Peroid.

5 Likes

I’m thinking maybe the seji as tis the oldest out of the bunch and Jung Sungs first signicture

2 Likes

I definitely get what you mean. I think we can look at current trends and make a reasonable guess, but it will be just that: a guess. It seems the pattern right now is to make yoyos >47mm wide. Extreme rim-weight hasn’t gone out of style yet (on performance-oriented models) either. It does seem like making top-tier competition yoyos as light as possible has dissipated a little in favor of the former traits.

To the OP, you could add the Peregrine X to your list of flagship performance yoyos as well. It’s very much following the trend of making previous flagships even wider and slightly heavier.

I wouldn’t worry too much about your yoyo feeling “outdated.” Throws from 10 years ago are still capable of all the tricks people are doing these days, and fairly easily at that (barring maybe finger spins/DNA, since finger-spin dimples weren’t en vogue yet).

I’ve not played any of these exact throws, but the Edge 2022 (3.0) is extraordinary. From what I hear, the 4.0 is very similar - only slightly more powerful and slightly less speedy than the 3.0 (despite being .5g lighter).

2 Likes

The shutter elite is the only one on the list that I own, so I can’t compare it. However, it plays like a much better shutter wide angle in terms of power and speed. If that helps any. There is always something newer and better in the works and there are usually new releases at worlds. But wider seems to be the new horizon with performance stuff like the mega monster and super scintallator hitting the 58mm mark.

1 Like

I own an edge 3.0 and iq, which I think I speak for all of us, can agree the those both fit into the new compitition throws. Now days every conpitotor is using bimetal either rap around rings or non rap around rings. Though I do think that the whole rap around rings like seji and outlier plus are starting to get outdated. But for a new supior yoyo these days for compition it had to be about 48 to 50mm wide as well as a bit heavier like 66gm,i fond that now people are opting for heavier throws, where as back in the day lighter throws were considered better for compitition. And it has to be powerful

2 Likes

I mean, if you already have an Edge 2022 that comes in at 65g (already significantly heavier than past competition throws like the Hummingbird, Peregrine, Outlier 3, Hydrogen Crash, etc.) and 48.5mm wide, I don’t think any of the other throws on your list are really going to be objectively better: they’re just going to feel a bit different.

4 Likes

Looking for more power so picked some heavier throws and some over hanging rim yoyos also

1 Like

You can’t go by weight. As mentioned before they are wider. As you go wider you have more real estate to fine tune the weight distribution but that also means you have to increase the weight to get the same distribution on a 50mm that you would have on a 45mm yoyo.

4 Likes