Outlier 3 yoyo. How does it play?

For anyone who has tried the Outlier 3 do you recommend it or is there a better yoyo that you would recommend. I am looking for something that is about as fast playing as the Mk1 yoyos Exia but has stability.
the main questions I have if you have tried the outlier 3 are:

1. How fast does it feel/play?
  2. How stable is it?
  3. Is there ad different yoyo you would recommend.
  4. If you have tried the mk1 yoyos Exia how does it compare to the Outlier 3 in speed and stability.
2 Likes

@preston

1 Like

@yoyojoe & @hotdiggidy made some video review awhile ago

2 Likes

It definitely plays very stable. It’s super zippy, and will play as fast as anything i can throw at it, and feels like it still has a good amount left in the tank. I’m not terribly fast to begin with, but it feels like a great competition yoyo.

1 Like

Thanks you for the feedback! It sounds like it would be what I am looking for.

2 Likes

Motion yo-yo centrifugal has similar qualities with a different aesthetic. Light a zippy but ultimately as stable and powerful as you could ever want!

1 Like

5 Likes

I have both, and i do prefer the motion over the outlier. My opinion only, but i feel the motion at least feels more stable. It may not be as fast as the outlier, but it definitely nips its heels. For me, the motion inspires more confidence and I’ve been able to hit elements a bit easier with it

1 Like

It strikes the ultimate balance of nimble controlability imo. Very well put ^^^

2 Likes

1. How fast does it feel/play?
It is very fast, but even then only marginally faster than my heavier monometal Czechpoint Pivot.
2. How stable is it?
Very stable (probably the most stable I’ve used, in my limited experience).
3. Is there ad different yoyo you would recommend.
Again, I’ve not tried tons of bimetals, but I really prefer my CzechPoint Pivot in nearly every way. I spent many hours trying to get used to the Outlier 3, and I really don’t think I prefer the former just because it’s “what I’m used to.” It’s only very slightly slower and less stable, but it being a little slimmer makes tech tricks so much easier (and it’s still plenty wide to make landing nearly anything easy). It’s also quite angular if that’s something you’re wanting. Maybe not the best match for what you’re in the market for, but that’s my 2 cents.

There are some things I really wasn’t impressed with on the Outlier 3:

1. It doesn’t feel powerful. It almost feels too light - and it is light, which makes it quick. But unlike most bimetals which can be lighter and still spin forever, this one suffers a bit. I noticed this first in play, so I tested sleep time. The only metal yoyo of mine that it beat was my Duncan Metal Drifter, a $20-30 organic with a size A bearing that’s over a decade old. Even then, it only outspun it by an average of 4.5 seconds (granted, in play the Outlier’s stability would prevent it from losing that spin as easily).
  2. The response is slippery. It’s very unpredictable unless you use the small rope included for string. Even then I had occasional issues.
  3. The width (again). I know there are wider ones out there, but unless your tricks heavily favor lacerations and slack tricks, it might get in the way.

This is an unpopular take on it, but it’s just my experience. Dylan Kowalski says it’s the best in its price range; The Definitive Yoyo claims it’s the best competition throw to date. Hope this helps.

2 Likes