Out of the Loop, Help Me Pick Out a Throw!

Hi all, I haven’t checked in to the site for a while and I’m in the market for a new yoyo. My current favorite dailies are the TopYo Null and Speedaholic XX. Anything new and exciting in those categories?
How is the ColosSUS compared to the Null? That one looks interesting.

My requirements are:
Under 50 bucks
Comes in a cool splash or fade color scheme
Capable of doing fingerspins when played by an amateur like me

Again, my current favorites are the Null and the Speedy XX and I wouldn’t be opposed to buying another one of those in a new color scheme, but don’t want to miss out on trying a new throw I might like as long as I’ve got the buying bug! Help me out!

Ivan

3 Likes

Scintillator or Yonami Code maybe?

1 Like

Ive heard really good things about the Next Journey and they come in cool anos

2 Likes

If you want something different, the sense next journey is exceptional. If you want something more similar to the null, I would recommend the shine. Like the null, the shine is a wide 7068 monometal with great performance. The shine, however, feels a bit more premium in feel and performance compared to the null.

Either way, I don’t think you will be disappointed.

I am also very interested in the hydra NGX and the 2sick guardian. I haven’t played either, but I have heard great things about the Hydra, and 2sick always makes great stuff.

2 Likes

depending on how much you wanna spend and what colors/shape/aesthetic you might like. These were some of the standouts I’ve tried recently.

The Graviton Y might be one of the best monometals I’ve gotten to try this year, it’s at least one of the standouts amongst the hundreds at DXL.

The OG Code, and this new Code 2.0 are both awesome, but the price of this is insane. Absolute wheel of a steal if I’ve ever seen one.

Shotcut is good, but Graviton Y is better.

Lastly, they made a new hybrid Speedaholic, maybe that interests you.

3 Likes

If u love the speedaholic then there’s only one right answer! The speedaholic fx! And it comes in sick color ways

1 Like

Ok that Speedy FX has my attention! Looking at the specs, I’m surprised that it’s actually lighter than the Speedaholic XX. Am I correct in assuming that it has better spin time? Looks like they made the hub smaller and the ring should move it’s lesser weight out to the edge substantially.

Also, is the Speedaholic FX as glass-smooth as the XX is?

I also like the Shortcut based on the flashy ano jobs available. The Scintillator looks great too, but might be a little too aggressive on the width for me.

Thanks all for the suggestions so far! Right now I’m really interested in that Speedy FX though, it’s above my self-imposed budget but as much as I love the XX I might have to do it.

Ivan

Well the July 4th sale got me, I jumped on the Speedy FX and the sale brought it just 99 cents over budget. Just gotta try it based on how much I love the XX and the Max. Thank you all for your input and help!

Ivan

2 Likes