OST Confluence Review Request

Anyone tried the Old School Throws Confluence?
How does it play?

2 Likes

It’s one of the best organics I have ever tried, perhaps even the best. Fun, powerful, comfortable in the hand, and extremely stable. It’s got the whole package.

3 Likes

That’s awesome. Thanks for replying man.
How does it feel like in the string?
Like is it light/floaty or is it more solid and hefty?

1 Like

These just dropped so I’ve only had it for a day or so. But @mrciurleo did an excellent execution on this one. I was a little apprehensive at first cause its wider than what I normally prefer, but the 4.25mm gap sold me and wider throws are en’vogue these days. There aren’t to many organic bi-metals, especially in the mid-size diameter range. So far its really smooth and regens great and the edges are nice and round so it feels great in the hand. I’m still playing the stock string and breaking in the pads and bearing, however so far I’m really impressed with it out of the box.

2 Likes

No problem. As for how it feels on the string, that can be very, very subjective . Personally, I think it has a bit of a float to it. It doesn’t seem particularly light, however, and it’s certainly not heavy. The weight feels just right.

Overall, this is how I’d describe it: It’s like Old School Throws took your favorite old-school throw and attached a jet engine to it.

The only thing about it, which some people may not like, is its width. It plays like a wide yo-yo because it is a wide yo-yo.

Also, like Examine pointed out, the regenerations feel quite nice.

3 Likes

Nice! I’m also apprehensive about the width hahaha because I like my yoyos smaller, especially organics. But the weight and the aesthetic is super appealing to me. Looks like I’ll be picking up one when it drops here.

2 Likes

That’s great! Glad that it’s a slightly floatier, lighter yoyo because that’s what I like. Heavier organics like the One Drop Markmont Classic don’t appeal to me much. Hopefully the width doesn’t become a dealbreaker for me.

1 Like