Organic Shaped Throws!

I’m always surprised how little love I see for freehands as a “best” or favorite organic. Especially when it seemed like so many people considered the Freehand One AL and Freehand One to be two of the best recent releases. They might not have the flair or mystique of boutique yoyos, but they’re not lacking at all in the storied history department. I’d personally want to jam on a stock Freehand Zero over a lot of the stuff listed in this thread, honestly.

Maybe freehands are just more of a specific thing where people who love them just really love freehands, and it’s less about it being an organic.

8 Likes

Nothing is more Organic than an Orange

12 Likes

The Generalyo 5 star is far and away my favorite organic. The way the rims curve, in conjunction with the pure organic shape, just gives it that penultimate organic design and feel for me.

22 Likes

Here’s mine.

Actually, it’s not technically organic. Or a yo-yo.
But it is part of a small run. (I only made two). Also, it’s rarely thrown. It mostly sits on a shelf looking nice. That seems to get it half of the way there.

Also, it’s going to be hard to land a speed combo on it.

Sorry, couldn’t resist. That’s the last joke on this thread. I promise :smile:

9 Likes

If we’re talking traditional organics, I’m going with the a/rt furn. I just love the undersized but wide shape.

But what about (my favorite shape),
undercuts?

If these count as “organic” then they’re definitely my two favorites.

The Avant Garde 1, and the Chronos by so serious.

15 Likes

Everyone agree? Not organic?

6 Likes

It’s close enough at a glance. How’s it tend to feel?

1 Like

Real organics don’t have a response bump.

5 Likes

It’s more about clout and gear snobbery than anything. The FH1AL and the new plastic FH1 are mainstays in my rotation

5 Likes

Thats like saying real marathon runners don’t wear shoes. I get the nostalgia, but really?

2 Likes

No, not really, although I do think organic with a response bump could be grouped separately, I was mainly playing at the not true scotsman fallacy, given the “discussion” about what qualifies.

3 Likes

Well in that case…

13 Likes

There’s definitely different archetypes in organic yoyos. Reponse bump H/O organics, small narrow schoove ring organics, medium/large narrow with high wall organics. And everything in between and a million that fit into more than one group. Is there a difference between O shapes and organic? Compare a OD Gauntlet to a OD MMC. There’s just so much that’s left up to interpretation

2 Likes

Doesn’t the bump push it into the H category? If the definition of organic is simply “a yoyo with rounded rims” then a huge amount of yoyos that aren’t actually organic should be considered organic

2 Likes

:joy::joy:
Alright then imma just head out :v::v:

2 Likes

This is the only true organic :triumph:

1 Like

Every “Best Organic?” thread devolves into the discussion “what is organic” without fail.

5 Likes

Haha. If you think it’s organic, then we’ll call it organic.

2 Likes

that profile reminds me of the freehand AL that dropped last year (albeit with a response step too), is that organic? I certainly don’t think so. the freehand 1 al was without a doubt an organic. even though the two shared the same dimensions, the undercuts in the profile make the FHAL not organic

1 Like

Watch out, we will re-boot the “what is an h-shape” discussion also!

1 Like