OPYOYOS thread

This is the Absurdity. A collab between myself and YoYoExpert. @AndreBoulay is the man!

25 Likes

dem curves

2 Likes

I assume the proper pronunciation “O-P-Yoyos”?

3 Likes

Correct, though I won’t be upset if you find another way lol

2 Likes

Got me one of these.

14/30

Well worth the money. If you’re somewhat of a pink-yoyo-owning person like myself, this should be on your shortlist.

I even made a crochet pouch for it in matching yarn.

OP

OP!

9 Likes

Stunning crochet work there Mark.

Can’t wait for a Diffraction 2!

6 Likes

I got an uncle who’s wife used to crochet coozies for his beer-or-12 after work. He’d keep throwing em away… And she’d keep right on knitting more. They live in separate houses now.

7 Likes

Just released some info on the Absurdity!

Collaborating on a yoyo with the person who taught me to yoyo is the most absurd thing I think I’ll do during my time making yoyos. Not only because it’s the biggest yoyo store in the world, but because André Boulay is one of the most generous people you could wish to meet.

That’s where the name is from, but I bet you want to know how it plays! It’s only 62 grams, 56mm diameter, 44mm wide, made from 7068 aluminium and pure joy on a string. Drawing from the 2 most popular yoyos I’ve ever made, the Monocle and Float, it plays like something you only imagined in your dreams. The Absurdity comes in our standard magnetic box with all the papers to prove it’s real, some stickers, an Airetic string and an yoyorecreation NSK DS Platinum bearing. It’ll be sold exclusively on the YoYoExpert store.

$120, Release Date TBA

17 Likes

Another new yoyo on the horizon, this time a collab with @MarkD of MK1 YoYos. Made a video with a good friend of mine called Elliot this weekend, here he is showing it off

14 Likes

Great video. I’m excited to get my hands on one!

Here’s a picture of Jordan, Mark and their co-conspirators planning the converge.

name-the-company

9 Likes

Exactly

1 Like

This is a MUST buy

1 Like

Another look at the Converge

9 Likes

this man is much better at photography than me

5 Likes

You’re better at having hair though. Swings and roundabouts

3 Likes

This reminds me a lot of the Overdrive Draupnir. I wonder how they compare.

1 Like

They are similar, though that’s not intentional. We did draw a lot of inspiration from the Draupnir family, but the rims are flatter, it’s a bit bigger, bit lighter, bit wider, has a bump above the response, and we used the OP style hub (I plan on using this hub style for all yoyos going forward). We love YYR though, which is why they’ll come with their NSK DS Platinum bearings (Like all my yoyos do now)

8 Likes

Our friend @Mazdarx7FD did a review of the Converge proto that @MarkD sent him. Obviouisly, he agrees it’s perfect and you should all be saving for one now.

9 Likes

It looks really, really nice but rim weighted bimetals just aren’t my jam.

2 Likes

Are there bimetals that aren’t rim-weighted?

3 Likes