OPYOYOS thread

There’s a whole range of rim-weightedness possible, either by ring placement (inner, outer, profile) or ring mass. This one is in the extreme by both measures.

4 Likes

That’s hot.

3 Likes

Agreed.

3 Likes

Yes. Duncan Tourney, Exit 8, Good Life Breeze and Gully, TopYo Raiser, just to name a few

4 Likes

Ahh I see. The subtleties of placing that weight more toward the center of the cup are lost on a pleb like me.

2 Likes

Less stability and spin time, quicker play, although to what degree varies based on other factors .In my experience it feels much easier to get the yo-yo to change direction, but depending on the yo-yo the decrease in stability and spin time may be anywhere from basically insignificant to being very noticeable.

2 Likes

Not that you used the word, but I always thought the word Chill was silly to describe the yoyos people use it for. Yoyos with “no chill” tend to make it easier to land my tricks on, which to me, is way more chill than having to work harder. Not that I dislike those yoyos, I’ve made plenty of them. I just found it odd.

7 Likes

And I’m not trying to say anything bad about the yo-yo, I’m willing to bet it’s incredible. It’s certainly gorgeous. I love colorways that avoid being boring but also don’t have too much going on. It’s why I love the bimetal styling on the WAs.

I just can’t commit to something i know doesn’t fit my personal preferences and won’t see that much play. I only really throw my Wide Angles now anyway.

2 Likes

Same here. @zslane often talks about how he finds performance oriented bimetals to be more fun also.

3 Likes

Wanker is the chillest Ti I ever done throw’d. That being said, I agree with you, and to a less-militant extent I also agree with Sizzlean that we use too many subjective terms to describe jojos.

1 Like

That was my main point, really. I have fun with comp yoyos, I can do my tricks on fun yoyos. They’re all fun, they’re all great

2 Likes

i have a question

i need this (jk)

2 Likes

haha

2 Likes

seriously though if you sell it how much will it cost? i’m curious how it throws

3 Likes

We will sell it, of course. We haven’t set a price yet since we haven’t priced the run out. We want it to be reasonable but can’t set it so low we can’t wholesale it without losing money. That means it’ll be the last decision we make.

6 Likes

ok awesome thank you!
edit: thanks for the info your awesome bro!

3 Likes

The Absurdity is getting close. After more than 8 months of trying my hardest to get it ready, it’s so close I can touch it!

@AndreBoulay and I have a fantastic contest planned where you’ll be able to win this 0/30 edition. Get your hands ready to learn some tricks!

12 Likes

I’m getting really excited for the Absurdity to release!

9 Likes

Waiting for the Absurdity…

28a602d4a28e7392492b24e29f79b4ef

8 Likes

4 Likes